Hotkey to open context menu in File Explorer

Use case or problem

Using the new ability to navigate the File Explorer pane with the up and down arrow keys is so amazing. I also love that you can use left and right to fold and unfold folders. But, in order to trigger the right click context menu you need to leave the keyboard.

Proposed solution

Preferably, I would love to be able to set an easy hotkey to trigger the context menu. Additionally, I wouldn’t mind letting Shift+F10 also work, but definitely think the hotkey capability is key.

Current workaround (optional)

Press Enter to open the note, then use a hotkey to trigger the required command. However, this still does not address cases where, for example, a folder is highlighted and you want to create a new note within.

Related Request

Thanks!

6 Likes

I second this. I’m trying to go keyboard-only as much as possible, but I still use the file explorer for some things, and this functionality would really help.

1 Like

Yes, I would like this as well. +1.

Would love to be able to select folders and then the top menu items (new folder/file) apply to that particular folder

1 Like

+1 Give us the ability to open a context menu while in the File explorer or other Pane Groups. There is no point in having the ability to switch to say File Explorer and have zero access to a context menu keyboard-wise to : make new note, Delete a note, Make a new folder, rename a folder etc.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought about having this capability for individual items within pane groups other than the File Explorer. I may keep this request as is for now, but perhaps you or I could create separate requests for specific use cases, such as reordering heading structure in the Outline pane via hotkeys.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello, thanks. I could create separate requests if you want but I think the one you made is pretty self-explanatory. What I mean by that is, at the end of the day, we want to be able to pop the context-menu with the keyboard no matter which pane/panegroups etc. It’s just be able to use a function which is already implemented when you type something in the Editor Pane. Since we can go to the File explorer and explore it with they keyboard [arrows], it didn’t made sense that the open context menu shortcut didn’t worked there.

1 Like

I totally agree. Thanks.

I need this feature as well :pray: