Ctrl+A Ctrl+C (Cmd+A Cmd+C) does not copy text in preview

Edit: I see that on Windows, this may not be a problem with the newest version. I will install version 0.10.13 and check back later today.

I am back and it seems to be working fine here. Not sure if it ever was not working in recent past on Windows. I kind of just saw @chanrish help topic and figured it was still an issue. Sorry for jumping the gun. I will change the OS to match @chanrish even though I don’t use MacOS.

Steps to reproduce

Create a note. Go into Preview Mode. Press Ctrl A. Press Ctrl C. Try to paste text using Ctrl V.

Expected result

To paste the copied text.

Actual result

The copied text is not pasted.

Environment

• Operating system: macOS Big Sur 11.1
  • Obsidian version: 0.10.13

1 Like

I don’t have this problem here.
I can copy the text and paste it into any other program.

Steps to reproduce
Create a note. Go into Preview Mode. Select all (Cmd + A) or Edit -> Select All . Press Cmd C. Try to paste text using Cmd V.

Expected result
To paste the copied text.

Actual result
The copied text is not pasted or the text is not copied at all

Environment
Operating system: macOS Big Sur 11.1
Obsidian version: 0.10.13

This is connected to.

It happens when you have at least 2 panes open and the right one is preview.

Select copy works.

Understood! I did test it with one pane only. The behaviour is as described in this issue:Ctrl+A (Cmd+A) in preview also selects the title (or even the content) of the other notes and subsequently nothing gets copied to the clipboard with Cmd+C after.

If you have multiple panes, then the issue is that nothing even gets selected with Cmd+A

I see that this bug is a bit old, early February. But I am experiencing it now. I’m expecting that text I copy in preview mode will go to the clipboard in rich text. In reality, nothing is happening — nothing is copying at all.

I do see that if I don’t hit Cmd+A, but just use my mouse to highlight the text, then Cmd+C works.

Running Big Sur 11.2.2 on an M1 Mac. Obsidian v.0.12.1.

Is there a plan to fix this?