Losing my patience

Ctrl+A Ctrl+C (Cmd+A Cmd+C) does not copy text in preview - This bug has been open a while and has not been fixed. Copy Past is something very basic and I have had to struggle doing this with Obsidian.

Is this something that will be fixed with the launch of the WYSWIG Editor - which btw has been one of the most requested features and seems to have been delayed time and time again.

I am sorry if I am complaining, but the two things that I want the most have been delayed forever. Initially Obsidian was very good at launching features that were generally useful. I donā€™t feel that anymore.

Bug report is not the appropriate section for this. I am not sure thre is an appropriate section for rants, because other than helping vent your frustration, they have no other effect.

I think there is some misunderstading here, there is no official timeline for bug resolution or feature implementation (other than a general what we are working now, what we will work in the future in roadmap). If there is no timeline in the first place, there canā€™t be delays.

You have the right to your optinions and feelings and to use or not use any software.

2 Likes

Ok, to the OPs question (and mine as well)ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦
Is there still an ā€˜issueā€™ with Copy and Paste working correctly on Mac or iPad mobile, because Iā€™m having the same issue on an iPad Pro. Copy works because I can Paste to another text app (most times :wink:). But Iā€™m NOT having the same success with Paste while in Obsidian. And, any update on Drag and Drop, because thatā€™s not working at all on iPad.

Take a look at the version number of your copy of Obsidian ā€“ you might notice that itā€™s below ā€œ1.0ā€, the magical number that usually indicates the first complete, polished release.

You may also notice that itā€™s provided free of charge for personal use.

If you require complete, polished software, Iā€™d suggest that you use something with a version number above 1.0, usually indicating that the developers think theyā€™ve squashed most of its bugs.

If you require a guaranteed date for bugfixes, you might want to consider purchasing software that comes with some sort of premium support package.

Right now Iā€™m looking at a software-development tool that gives each licensed user up to 5 annual ā€œmajor support incidents,ā€ the kind of thing that requires a quick response and may involve new/changed code in the product itself. (Beyond 5 you can purchase additional incidents.) An individual license for this software starts at US$1600/year.

Just food for thought. Perhaps the devs would be open to negotiating a premium support contract with you, but at this point they might be too busy continuing to work toward a release thatā€™s complete enough, in their judgment, to call ā€œObsidian 1.0.ā€

2 Likes

I am going to close this BR. if you have specific BRs please search/post in the appropriate section.