I’d like more screen space on mobile when typing on the screen keyboard, and less interface clutter when I’m drafting text. I especially want this on my tablet, where the double top bar plus mobile toolbar really cut into the half of the screen left by the keyboard.
It would be nice to have in desktop too but less important.
Scroll the top bar(s) out of view when scrolling the page up (moving the text upward and the view downward) and reveal it again when scrolling down. This is a common feature in mobile apps, but my main point of comparison is iA Writer which has the feature on both mobile and desktop. That app also hides the system status bar on mobile, which I’m not requesting.
Here is a demonstration in 1Writer (which unlike iA Writer doesn’t hide the status bar):
- Write in another app when I really want more space.
- A CSS snippet could hide things but apparently not in response to scrolling.
- Toggle off Settings > Appearance > Show tab title bar. This is only a very partial workaround — it only hides part of what I want hidden and is inconvenient to switch on and off.
- Full-screen (immersive) mode to hide the status bar (I don’t want this, but think it’s a reasonable option.)
- Command for "Show tab title bar" would improve the settings half-workaround.