Full-screen (immersive) mode to hide the status bar

Platform

iOS
Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.0.4

The notifications and icons in the status bar are annoying, so I want immersive (full-screen) mode to hide the status bar.

Hiding the status bar can also make themes more better.

Thanks!

4 Likes

A huge use case for this would be Excalidraw
(lots of space a the top and the bottom, Samsung Tab S7)

Screenshot

@zsviczian

I need this too. Please implement this!

I third this!!!

I need this please.

Platform

iOS
Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.0.2

I’m using the workspace as you can see in the screenshot; the local graph view at the top, and the note at the bottom.

I’m also using “Hider” to hide the ‘Title Bar’ and it resulted in this happy accident of a Node trespassing to the iOS Status Bar where the clock is.

It made me realize that it would be interesting to have that extra space (now occupied by the iOS Status Bar items) clean, so I wonder if you could implement an option to hide it. The developer’s guide in the Apple website say it’s possible.

I’m not a programmer so I don’t know if this is a job for Community Plugins or something for the Core, but it seems like something that can only be done at the core level.

1 Like

Any news? I still need this in 2024. I can not force any app to fullscreen in my phone and android notification bar is annoying

Hider plugin achieves this GitHub - kepano/obsidian-hider: Hide Obsidian UI elements such as tooltips, status, titlebar and more