Note Composer enhancement: Cut and paste block/line from search

Use case or problem

Embedding files and blocks is great, but sometimes it's preferable to move the content from one note to another rather than embedding it. This is already possible to do with Note Composer and Note Refactor. However, it is a bit more of a manual job.

Proposed solution

It would be *very slick* if we could right click, or select multiple results from the search pane when conducting a block or line search. The selected blocks/lines could then be cut from their respective notes, and pasted in a desired location/current file.

Edit: To clarify, by “cut” I do mean that the content would be removed from the original note in order to be pasted elsewhere

Current workaround (optional)

Doing this manually via Note Composer/Note Refactor.
4 Likes

I feel so strongly about this feature request. I have reams of tagged notes; the ability to search by tag then easily bulk copy & paste or export the search results with block content to MS Word or Scrivener would save hours of manual copying and pasting.

2 Likes

Here is a work around with existing community plugins; ideally this should be a single click as an Obsidian feature: Output search results to new note

Thanks for following up. Unfortunately I’m not savvy enough to understand how to implement the workaround!