Specifically, I want to be able to select multiple or all search results, either the files themselves or their context, i.e., the line or block of text in which a query appears, and then drag these into onto the canvas as cards.
The reason I believe this could add value is due to the UI of apps such as Napkin which return all cards which include a selection of tags. Napkin also allows the possibility to search all cards containing
#tag and then to drag them into a visual outline for projects. Obsidian has the potential to offer a similar functionality with its Canvas to support visual thinking.
The ability to select multiple or all files in the search results and drag them onto the Canvas, automatically formatted as a grid of cards.
The workaround is to manually drag and drop files onto the canvas, one-by-one, from the search results.
- Note Composer enhancement: Cut and paste block/line from search
- Copy Search Results: Please add option to copy CONTEXT
- Inline Query Results: Please allow us to Select and Copy these as text or markdown
- Copy Search Results: Remove List prefix limitation (this would be a more efficient solution to the workaround to (2) I mention above by allowing
!to be prefixed to search results, automatically transcluding the links in the note where the results are pasted)
- Enhancement with search
- Select and manipulate multiple flies in search pane like file explorer
- Search: Copy context of search results and paste into note
- Discord message from a user about this and supporting reply from another
- Discord discussion on search improvements