Specifically, I want to be able to select multiple or all search results, i.e., their context: the line or block of text in which a query appears, and then drag these into a note.
The reason I believe this could add value is due to the UI of apps such as Napkin which return all cards which include a selection of tags. Napkin also allows the possibility to search all cards containing
#tag and then to drag them into a visual outline for projects. The text could be lifted from search results in Obsidian and moved around in a note.
The ability to select the context of a search result or results and drag it/them into an active note as text or an active canvas as a card or cards.
The workaround is to use the
c command to copy the highlighted text, but this is also on a one-by-one basis. Alternative, you could click the
... menu option, “Copy search results”,
![[ so that the files are embedded in the note and the content is transcluded (but this would not be a one-to-one solution). Or use Napkin and export to Obsidian after having arranged notes in the desired manner.
- Note Composer enhancement: Cut and paste block/line from search
- Copy Search Results: Please add option to copy CONTEXT
- Inline Query Results: Please allow us to Select and Copy these as text or markdown
- Copy Search Results: Remove List prefix limitation (this would be a more efficient solution to the workaround to (2) I mention above by allowing
!to be prefixed to search results, automatically transcluding the links in the note where the results are pasted)
- Enhancement with search
- Search: Select and drag all or selected search results onto a canvas as cards
- Select and manipulate multiple flies in search pane like file explorer
- Discord message from a user about this and supporting reply from another
- Discord discussion on search improvements