EDIT: I have forked the original script and improved it significantly, so this post is heavily edited.
The developer of this is too busy to make any changes, so I forked it and made many improvements:
- can handle top-level sections, section groups and 1 level of nested section groups
- prompt to choose between appending a prefix or creating subfolders for subpages
- prompt to choose between 6 markdown formats, defaulting to pandoc which works best with obsidian
- prompt to images all put in a central folder for each notebook or in same folder level as .md file
- documents have relative references to the images
- prompt to discard or keep the intermediate .docx files
- can remove blank lines and “\” escape characters that are created by the converter
- embedded/attached files (e.g. pdfs) stored in same media folder as images. Any symbols in file names are removed so they link correctly
and probably some other stuff as I continue to improve it.
Be sure to install Onetastic and the .xml macro that I included in order to automatically expand any collapsed paragraphs - they won’t be exported otherwise.
Feel free to check it out and submit any issues/comments/suggestions here or on github.
Hope this helps!