This meta thread collects helpful posts for migrating from other tools. If you have found a tool that is useful, please drop a link in the comments or create a thread in #share-showcase explaining how you used it! I’ll update the index as we go along. Threads on the forum or blog posts describing best practices in workflows are also welcome (please consider adding them to Example Workflows in Obsidian first).
The original thread documenting these migration workflows (Meta Post - Migration Workflows) has been merged to this post.
- Best practices for migrating from Roam?
- Switching from Roam to Obsidian
- Roam import: Regex for modifying file names of Daily Notes?
- How to import Roam backup into Obsidian while preserving block-level references/links?
- Converting Roam Daily Notes To YYYY-MM-DD format, with backlinks
- Get all uploaded files in Roam Research to Obsidian
- Using Daily Notes as a convert from Roam
- My Migration from Roam to Obsidian
- The Road from Roam to Obsidian. The road from Roam Research (Roam) to… | by Denise Todd | Medium
- New Tool for Migration from OneNote - updated and improved version
- Convert OneNote to Obsidian Markdown - What I did · Issue #123 · theohbrothers/ConvertOneNote2MarkDown · GitHub
- Converting evernote to obsidian - #5 by colbard
- From Evernote to Obsidian
10k notes in Evernote...How to start? - #15 by dsteinbock
- The yarle creator also provides some help over here: Import from Evernote
Migrating Evernote to Obsidian
- Direct link to blog post: Migrating Your Notes from Evernote to Obsidian – Doug's Home On The Web
- Python script that converts every row of all CSV files in the working directory and subdirectories into markdown files
- GitHub - ericanastas/dynalist-to-obsidian: Tool to migrate Dynalist.io to Obsidian.md (more information)