Folding in preview

It seems strange to me that folding works in edit mode and doesn’t work in preview mode.

153 Likes

+1 Using mac here.

2 Likes

+1 windows user! There is no sense to me unfoldable in preview mode. They will probably correct that!

4 Likes

+1 thanks

1 Like

+1 Using iMac, Catalina 10.15.5

2 Likes

+1
@silver @licat the folding/collapsible sections/TOC view requests are part of the same workflows and seem to be a popular request (see collapsible section below for links to forum threads).
I’ve read about a plugin to handle these request, but will this be a native plugin (made by the obsdn devs) or do you envision it as a community effort once the API is released ?

while waiting for the plugin/feature release, support for markdown <details><summary> would alternatively be a huge help, ie :

unfold to see forum requests for outlining features
unfold to see more forum requests for collapsible sections / folding bullets
11 Likes

+1 Absence of this feature is the only reason my notes containing a lot of text still look messy or are difficult to skim through.

8 Likes

+1 Mac OSX

1 Like

+1 mac osx

1 Like

+1 Mac OSX

1 Like

** +1 Windows 10 **
Thanks for awesome app

2 Likes

Yes, much needed to navigate in a large document. A hotkey to fold all the headings at once will be a bonus.

4 Likes

Very needed feature, indeed.
+1 mac user here

3 Likes

+1 for Mac. I have some long entries and it would be great to shorten them if I’m bouncing up and down between sections.

2 Likes

I’d also love to see this added to the WYSIWYG mode. Imagine Typora with folding lol

1 Like

Me too. Also allowing to save the folded state if you leave and come back, as asked for in this request: Folding in Preview too

6 Likes

Please. Also would be nice in the eventual WYSIWYM mode.

1 Like

I hope the devs have noticed this feature request because this is a simple but an essential feature.

1 Like

+1 Windows. Much needed. Also it would be great if the toggle feature stays toggled when you visit another file and then come back.

1 Like

The folding in WriteMonkey is wonderful (can fold any selection). I’ve always wanted wysiwyg as a feature, but I love WriteMonkey despite it barely having preview. Though that’s not just about the folding.