Toggle lists (similar to the one Notion.so has)

This is the only feature that is keeping me from completely migrating all my notes from Notion and Dynalist to Obsidian.

Why?

Having a neat and clean writing space is crucial for me to think clearly and construct my thoughts on to paper (in this case, my computer screen) and I’m sure I’m not the only one.
It isn’t out of the ordinary to easily get lost when I get in too deep into writing, if that makes sense. In such instances, navigating through the thoughts I’ve written down gets a bit difficult.

In order to avoid such clutters, I usually use the toggle list feature when I’m writing. This enables me to easily open and close “chunks” of my noted thoughts. Toggle Lists, in a way, behave like checkpoints within my writings, helping me to plot a route through whatever I’ve written down.

Now, Dynalist has this feature built into it’s “nature”. And Notion.so has “toggle lists”.

Technically Obsidian has the toggle feature too but it only works with Headings and only works in edit mode :feelsbadman: . It would be a blessing to have this feature work on its own, like have a special markdown syntax like “>>” for toggle lists. It would work exactly like bullet point lists except you would be able to expand/collapse the “children” bullet points. With Toggle lists its very easy to keep things neat and organized.

Another advantage Toggle lists have over Bullet Point lists is the hassle of scrolling back and forth

If anybody is confused as to what in the world I am talking about: hopefully this will help:

1 GA3kd_NPgLgBxdhQ_TDT9g

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider implementing this feature. I’m already on the Obsidian bandwagon and I intend to stay on board for a very long time. I’ve never had so much fun writing on any other application but the absence of this feature is the only cause of hindrance to my flow of work.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Folding in preview