Share your Minimal Theme screenshots/configuration

Anyone has a config for Minimal theme with Nord theme colors?
I remember seeing it in the forum, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

@argentum from some of the screenshots I saw. Seems like you are using Nord scheme with the Minimal theme. Would you be able to share it, please?

Try this adding this snippet…

.status-bar-item.plugin-obsidian-grandfather {
    color: red;
}

I made these additions…

.status-bar-item.plugin-obsidian-grandfather {
    color: var(--interactive-accent);
    order: 5;
    font-weight: 700;
}

… to (hopefully) fix the position of the grandfather time at the far right (I have five elements) of my statusbar. As you can see, I also made it BOLD

1 Like

wow,I love your theme!
Would you be happy to share your css snippets?

By suggestion from kepano, I am re-posting a snippet to create sidenotes on your documents that I shared on the Minimal Theme thread. You can read about the origin of the snippet in the original post. Here is how sidenotes look like

Snippet sidenotes.css (1.5 KB)

14 Likes

Here is the link to @PR-C’s snippet:
sidenotes.css (1.5 KB)

4 Likes

Hi, Thanks for this great and clean theme @kepano.
I’m experimenting with a switch from another great theme (California Coast) and there are three things that I would like to achieve in Minimal. There’s a good chance that I’m overlooking things regarding the questions below, but any help would be great.

1. In Editor mode, especially now that the need to switch to preview becomes less because of Live Preview, I would love to be able to add some more space between headings and paragraph (different values per heading)

Furthermore, I would like to diminish the space between some of them in Reading mode. Especially the smaller headings.

California theme had the margins in editor and preview mirrored, which I liked, and I could set the top and bottom margins in the Style Settings plugin. I’ve been looking if I could set something up in Style Settings plugin for Minimal, but I can’t find the right CSS selectors/variables for that.

I’ve also searched with dev tools and tried all sorts of margin/padding-bottom etc. things. I was thinking that the Contextual Typography plugin could help here, but that goes above my level of comprehension :grimacing:

1. [solved, I added the answer in case anyone else can use it] I would love to set a max line-width so that (in my font-size) it doesn’t show more than 75-80 characters per line for readability reasons. I know there is a setting to set max width percentage in Minimal Style Settings, but if I set that e.g. to 80% it also gives that margin when the note window is a lot smaller, and I’d lose a lot of valuable space. And 80 isn’t even enough to get to 75/80 characters per line. It would be great if it could work like this. The text is always e.g. 600px wide and if the window becomes smaller than this it adheres to a max width of 90% or leaves a margin of xx px. on both sides.
    I found to solution after all this helped
.markdown-source-view.mod-cm6.is-readable-line-width:not(.rtl) .cm-contentContainer {
    max-width: 600px;
    margin-right: auto;
}
  1. I’m looking for a way to get the tag and alias pills reverted to plain text. They draw too much attention for me when looking at notes. Does anyone know how to achieve this?

I hope my questions don’t come across as if I didn’t try. I tried for hours, so it’s just my experience level with CSS, I’m afraid.

Thanks a lot, Jan

1 Like

Hello, do anyone knows how to change size of the buttons? It’s tiny for me.

Have you tried zooming? Use CMD + to zoom in, which will scale everything up proportionally.

2 Likes

Oh, I haven’t thought about that. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Regarding Your first “problem,” I am also facing the same “issue” with the spacing between headings and paragraphs, the spacing between lines and list, the left-indent for bullet points…among many others. I sympathize with how theme creators have to write for 5 different views (Live preview, Legacy Editor, Preview mode, Mobile Preview, Mobile Editor). I also tried California Coast’s theme. Though the spacing between the headings and the paragraphs appeared to be the same, the line-spacing of the heading isn’t.

If you want to solve the problem yourself, you can try clicking option+cmd+i (Ctrl+Shift+I for windows) and look into the exact property in the CSS and change that! Too much work for me.

As for problem 3, I use Hider plugin. Try that out!

Thanks a lot @elwc I’ll try your suggestions regarding the properties.

Regarding 3, I meant that there is CSS styling to make tags look like pills. I rather have them shown as #tag in plain text. I was looking for code to revert the pills to plain tags. Furthermore, I find the metadata block useful, just not with extra eye candy around tags.

1 Like

Hi, here is my own configuration of the Minimal Theme. Tweaked a little bit with CSS snippets, Advanced Appearance and Style Settings.

I love how clean it looks.

A big Thank You to the developper !

7 Likes

Let me first share my practice.

For me I assign my aliases and tags at the top of the file, e.g.

---
title: page title
aliases: alias-of-page
tags: [tag1, tag2]
---

So by using Hider plugin to hide the METADATA, I can still see the alias and tags at the top in a muted way.

Now if you still prefer to things to work your way, open notepad, paste the following code in it and save it as .css and then put it in your Snippet folder.

.frontmatter-container .tag,
a.tag {
  border: 0px;}

.frontmatter-container .tag,
.frontmatter-container .frontmatter-alias {
  background-color: transparent;}

Note: I managed to write the above by using Ctrl+Shift+I and studying the properties of the css.

4 Likes

@elwc your first solution works great. I wasn’t aware how to achieve this. But it looks great in this muted way. Thanks a lot.

Here is my simple tweak of this Amazing template!

Nice. Color you are using?

Very nice! How did you change the background color to a blueish tone?

I used to change the hsl values directly into the theme file. This is now possible by changing the color values through the Obsidian Style Settings plugin with the option “Base Color” under the “Colors” submenu. That color should be #1E2837-ish

1 Like

How do you change the background color?

I think now I have it exactly as I want it to be.

5 Likes