See Properties in Pop-up Hover Preview

Use case or problem

see the properties in preview mode

Proposed solution

provide css script or create a toggle on page preview plugin

6 Likes

I believe you can already view properties in Live Preview. Can you describe what you’re looking for in more detail?

I think they are asking for a setting (or CSS option) to display Properties view in the pop up Page Preview when you (cmd/ctrl + hover) over an internal link, a note in the Files tab, etc.

5 Likes

renamed

1 Like

This would be extremely helpful, especially if it could be toggled on a file by file basis, using a property like:

showInHoverPreview: true

I tried creating a plugin for this, but I’m a noob with TypeScript and couldn’t figure out how to properly patch the function that creates the HTMLElement in that popover.

1 Like

This would be EXTREMELY helpful.
Also looking for the solutions.

Related request: How to view note properties without leaving canvas

Edit: Just realized it was a help thread. Forgot that I never got around to making the request. I’ll leave this here for now anyways.

Thanks.

I understand you want to see this feature implemented in Obsidian’s core, but you can use Hover Editor as a currently available workaround.

3 Likes

Awesome plugin! Provide so much unthought yet very useful features, like pinning and moving the hover window around :heart_eyes: I think it will soon enter my most useful plugins list.