Sanctum Theme

First of all, I love this theme and have been using it for about a month now. :sunny:

I hadn’t used as many tables while using this theme, and I noticed that the theme messes up with Advanced Table plugin even though it was mentioned as compatible. Maybe something is wrong with wrapping of texts. I did try to remove the readable line widthin the settings. but didn’t help. Then I tried to increase a setting for number of characters in a line or something, but that too didn’t seem to have any effect.

Is there something I am missing?

Default Theme

Sanctum Sheme

I don’t use Sanctum (heavily modified Minimal, here), but I think this is a CM6/Obsidian/Live Preview thing. the following worked for me. Do you use Live Preview?
On the ‘Advanced Tables’ Git it is recommended that one re-maps the ‘Tab’ and 'Enter ’ functions (‘Go to next cell’ ‘Go to next row’), to new hotkey combos.

Hey! Really love this theme & its simplicity. Wondering if anyone has a css snippet that would highlight/change the color of the current folder & note in explorer?

As @Jeffury mentioned, I believe it’s a CM6/Live Preview bug. If you use the legacy CodeMirror 5 version, it shouldn’t have any problems. If his solution doesn’t work (I haven’t tried it myself yet), we’ll have to wait a bit for the plugin to be compatible with the new CM6. I’ve heard the developer is in conversations with the devs, so I’m sure they’ll come up with a good solution in due time. :slight_smile:
@brevifoliage Upon request, I’ll make a thread for people to showcase how they’re using Sanctum, and the different snippets they’ve added to the theme. Might be worth asking there as well. :slight_smile: I believe there’s a snippet for that in Mara’s github page.

1 Like

The CM6 and CM5 is something that Obsidian uses and Advanced Tables plugins is still on CM5 while the Sanctum theme is on CM6? Something like that?

Live Preview as in WYSIWYG mode?
I use editor and preview modes (toggle)

CM5≠CM6
Legacy editor is on CM5, Mobile and Live Preview is on CM6.

If you’re not an insider, then you’re using legacy mode, which is in cm5, in which Advanced Tables works, and Sanctum is compatible with said plugin. In Live Preview (WYSIWYG, but the devs don’t want to refer to it by that), which runs in cm6, and is only available for insiders atm, the plugin doesn’t work that well, if at all.

Yeah, that is why reported, it wasn’t working for me. It was working fine for the default theme though. :slight_smile:

as shown here : Comment in this thread itself.

Note the screenshots of the same texts.

Oh, I see what’s going on! Since the theme has the text wrap in the editor, it looks like that, instead of hiding the extra text to the right.

@DummyME If you update the theme, it should now be fixed. :wink:

1 Like

Still the same for me.
Will it not affect the existing tables?

EDIT: Fixed. My bad.

I had one table inside admonition codeblock, that wasn’t fixed. It isn’t supposed to either.

THanks !!

1 Like

Update v0.5

First off, happy holidays!
I’ve been releasing hotfixes, but haven’t made a full release in a while, so here’s everything that’s been changed/added.

Shiny:

• Complete Colour Palette rework
  • Live Preview Blockquotes are now supported. I’ll be working on a long term solution
  • Outline pane got some formatting. There’s now a “compact mode” in style settings, to make it… well, more compact. It basically disables text wrapping
  • New Search + Search & Replace Document position. Now on top of the note
  • Comments are now faint in colour
  • Added :focus outline for dropdown menus
  • New Empty State Page (for when there are no opened notes/panes). Happy Holidays"!
  • New Graph Colours. Focused nodes are now pink, for better contrast
  • Small detail, but there should now be a small shadow under the note’s header, to indicate there’s content if you scroll up
  • Prompt hotkeys now have the same format as kbd
  • Community plugins flairs are now green, making it easier to tell which plugins are already installed
  • IBM Plex Sans is back! Now as UI font
  • Added custom syntax highlighting
  • New titlebar
  • Common ligatures are toggled on note panes, but not on code blocks, inline code, or UI
  • Replaced Relationship Lines. Might be subject to change

Mobile:

• Settings window no longer clashes with iPhone status bar
  • Settings icon in side ribbon now visible in iPhones
  • Mobile side panels are a bit larger. This should only be noticeable in tablets, and some phones. They now occupy the entirety of the screen width of phones
  • If the left panel is pinned, there is now an option to unpin it. After unpinning, it won’t be possible to pin it back again
  • Mobile prompts no longer display desktop shortcuts
  • Editing/Reading floating button is back

Plugins:

• Word Sprint Plugin got an updated styling
  • Added support for Reveal Active File Button plugin
  • Updated Breadcrumbs matrix icon
  • Changed fantasy calendar active and viewing day formatting

Deprecated:

• Custom external link icons. You can use the Link Favicons Plugin
  • Removed custom templater highlighting
  • List/heading fold indicator (“…”) no longer supported in Reading View
  • WYSIWYG hr elements no longer supported in Source Mode. It’s now been moved to Live Preview

Bug fixes & Tweaks:

• Adjusted dark mode font weights to be 1 weight below light mode’s, for visual balance
  • Live Preview Embed should now have no margins. There may be some edge cases where that’s not the case. If you find them, please submit an issue in the github repo, it’d be greatly appreciated
  • Multi Color Highlights are now clearer, with an underline that doesn’t compromise text legibility, and have faster animations
  • code in footnotes now uses the footnote font size. Latex and underline elements in headings now use heading font-size and weight
  • Footnotes backrefs now have the accent colours, to indicate their link function. Footnote text is now a bit bigger as well
  • Fixed light theme code blocks
  • Updated ALternate tables
  • Links no longer have underlines, but change brightness when hovered
  • Toggle formatting should now be more consistent
  • YAML should now work better for every setup
  • Task icons are now vertically aligned
  • Many small fixes & tweaks
1 Like

Wow… what a stunning theme! I gasped in awe when I first opened the light time. All the details in this theme are absolutely brilliant, and I love the overall minimalistic vibe. Thank you so much, and bless you for sharing your impeccable taste with the rest of us!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Many hours have gone into this, so I’m glad there’s at least a few people who share my enjoyment for the theme. :blush:

1 Like

I echo what buxtehude said. Theme is a joy to use, especially with the latest iteration. Thank you for all the great work!

1 Like

Btw, if you haven’t checked the repo, I’ve pushed a bunch of hotfixed that should help with a few issues, including cursor problems in the Legacy Editor, compatibility with Advanced Mobile Toolbar, and a few others. I’ve also increased line-height in notes for better reading (was in a legacy setting before), and make some adjustments to things like lists. Pseudo Admonitions shouldn’t touch each other anymore as well.
Haven’t really made an update out of it because I didn’t think it was worth it.

Sanctum v0.5.1

• Hotkey menu hotkey styling now matches kbd
  • Lists have increased line-height, along with body text. Should make for a more pleasant writing and reading experience
  • puretext code blocks no longer have the code block border
  • Community Themes’ title and info no longer hidden when said theme is selected
  • Left sidenote no longer overlaps line numbers
  • Adjustments to list markers and list collapse indicators
  • Changed list item hover effect for the Checklist Plugin
  • Changed the hover effect of checkboxes. It now has a sort of green glow when hovered or focused
  • Admonitions got a bit of TLC. Some colour fixes, added padding on top, and some smaller tweaks
  • Added Outliner cm6 support

Mobile:

• Mobile Sidebars no longer hide notes
  • Modals no longer hide notes
  • Mobile Hovering Reading/Editing switch button is back
  • Added support for Advanced Mobile Toolbar plugin

Small tweaks and some important bug fixes

There’s also a new Roadmap! Link: Sanctum Roadmap · GitHub

Sanctum v0.5.2

New Features:

• Added heading indicators (Typora-like headings) in Live Preview
  • Added new relationship lines (toggleable and editable in style settings) to Reading and Editing View (Live Preview)

Mobile:

• Repositioned Hover Button

Fixed:

• small bugs, restored Heading weights

Sanctum v0.5.3

• compact outline show full titles when hovered
  • changed Block Reference Counter look to be more understated
  • adjusted relationship line alignment. It was aligned with the collapse indicators, now aligns with markers
  • unordered list marker spacing adjustment
  • changed view-action colors. Close note button now appears red when hovered
  • centered note titles
  • fixed outline pane indent being too big
  • added padding to popovers
  • added toggle to heading indicators