Sanctum Theme

Perfect; it worked, thank you. :slight_smile:

Excellent! I reverted the fonts back to the default in Style Settings and now it’s beautiful again. Thank you for the fix.

Just in general, I love how responsive you’ve been to feedback in this thread. This is a great theme that just keeps getting better.

1 Like

Hi! I don’t have “Style settings” in my Obsidian Plugin Options. What can be wrong? Thank you!

Oh , i had to install Style Settings plugin , now i got it!

Sanctum v0.3.0 is here!

Changelog:

• Moved Footnotes options to its own section in Style Settings;
  • Added Word Sprint Plugin Compatibility;
  • Frontmatter container got a few minor tweaks;
  • Link urls in Edit Mode, when using aliases, now have regular editor font;
  • Edit Mode now has the same line-height as Preview Mode;
  • Changed the selection color so it doesn’t hide certain formatting, like underlines and strikethroughs;
  • Cleaned up the code and removed !important statements. This means it will be easier for people to add snippets to the theme without them getting overridden by existing code.
3 Likes

@jdanielmourao I have this issue on my iPhone where the theme displays alright but the bottom half of the sidebar is messed up. I can’t for example tap Settings. Please see the attached screenshot.

Thanks,
GT

Once of the best themes and I love using it. Awesome work!

I have one issue with the table alignments where it’s not auto aligning in edit mode. I don’t have the issue with other themes. Can you please take a look when you get a chance?

For example:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
The quick brown foxu dfdfdfdf sdfsdjfsdjflsdjflsajfasdljfdasljfaljfdlasjf
df
dfsdfjsadlfjldjflasdjflasdjfladsfj
df sdf dfsdjflsdalfdsjlfdjlfsdjlsadjfldsjljdsfldjsfljdaslsdfljdfs

Hi! This should have been fixed in a recent update. I’ve had similar issues reported, and a recent hotfix seemed to do the trick. I’d advise you to update the theme. :wink:

1 Like

The theme doesn’t mess with Edit Mode tables, so it might be some sort of plugin messing things up. If you use Advanced Tables, have you tried pressing tab? All of the table styling in Sanctum happens in Preview Mode, so it can’t be the theme… :thinking:

Problem solved. Perfect.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah it doesn’t appear to be a theme issue. But tables format correctly (in edit mode) in Spectrum theme but not formatting properly in other themes. Not sure what I am missing.

Anyway, Thank you for creating a wonderful theme.

1 Like

Sanctum v0.3.1 is here!
Changes, fixes and additions!

• Updated font snippet on github to add IBM Plex Sans and Mono, as well as a fix for fold indicators;
  • Added Custom icon Replacement for the BRAT plugin sidebar icon, as well as for the WordSprint plugin icon;
  • Formatted suggestion flairs so when transcluding headings, they don’t overlap the title;
  • Added pseudo kanban class. Just add cssclass: kanban at the beginning of the note, and it will format lists into kanbans. Do note that any list inside that note will become a kanban;
  • You can now change Edit Mode font size with the Ctrl+Scroll, like in default obsidian;
  • Fixed sidebar in mobile, and centered the icons;
  • Added more Task / Checkbox options. These are all the available options now:
- [⭐]  Star
- [a] Alarm / Reminder / Notification
- [❤] Favourite
- [s] Savings / Piggy bank
- [S] Savings alternative / Piggy bank
- [-] Cancelled
- [>] Rescheduled / Forwarded
- [<] Scheduled
- [l] Location
- [1] Success / Round Checkbox
- [B] Bug / Debug
- [X] Failure
- [n] Note / Annotation
- [p] Pros
- [c] Cons
- [W] Win / Success / Reward
- [b] Bookmark / References
- [I] Idea / Tip
- [!] Important / Attention
- [?] Question / Cue
- [i] Info
  • Lists should have a bit more white space;
  • Added Pseudo-Admonitions. Just add cssclass: admonitions at the start of the note in order to turn custom checkboxes into admonitions. You can indent (remember, it’s a list) in order to include more information in the admonitions! Note that only the following turn into admonitions:
- [1] Success / Round Checkbox
- [B] Bug / Debug
- [X] Failure
- [n] Note / Annotation
- [p] Pros
- [c] Cons
- [W] Win / Success / Reward
- [b] Bookmark / References
- [I] Idea / Tip
- [!] Important / Attention
- [?] Question / Cue
- [i] Info

If you happen to have a suggestion / request for more, just submit an issue over on github!

Style Settings:

• Added accent color as active line highlight option to Style Settings;
  • Added options for Edit and Preview mode Heading fonts, as well as Heading colors and background colors, each with a toggle;

Publish:

• Formatted “Publish changes” page;
  • Added Publish css for anyone who wants to use the theme for your public vault. Do note that this is somewhat experimental! In order for it to work correctly, you’ll have to toggle “Readable line length”, and have “Use sliding windows” off. There’s a bit of css trickery in order for it to show the asides in desktop screens. I’ll look into different options to better achieve this in the future.
1 Like

On Live Preview the Manage Themes page goes completely black when Sanctum is loaded. Doesn’t happen with any of the other themes I have tried. Happens in both light and dark mode.

For those experiencing a bug upon updating/downloading the theme, I’ve pushed a hotfix to the theme that should resolve the issue!

Try to update the theme. I was experimenting with different possible alternative color palettes, and forgot to revert the light and dark theme dedicated classes, which sometimes resulted in that strange interaction. It should now be fixed. If you’re still unable to find the menu, you can try pressing Ctrl+, or +, or simply Ctrl+ P and typing “Open Settings” and hitting Enter.

Works with update. Thanks.

1 Like

Could you give a markdown example of creating a sidenote? I can’t seem to find an example.

@stoweboyd

<s class="aside-right">your text</s>

1 Like

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. @Klaas has showed an example of right sidenote, but if you need any more help, you can check the following link: HTML Elements · jdanielmourao/obsidian-sanctum Wiki · GitHub , which explains what they are and their html syntax.

Even though I haven’t published an update in a bit, it has been an eventful couple of weeks! I’ve transitioned the entire theme to SCSS, meaning that it should be faster and easier to edit or add code into the theme. The theme is now also around 42% smaller in file size! :partying_face:

Ooooh, shiny!

• Complete revamp of mobile version! Modals should now make more use of screens, there’s a floating icon for Edit/Preview, and tons of formatting that should be more mobile-friendly;
  • Active note pane is now highlighted. Every other pane should now look darker;
  • Updated Frontmatter look. The metadata table that only displays tags and aliases is hidden by default, and there’s a hidden YAML codeblock that is revealed on hover. I did my best to make it as simple and unobtrusive as possible, since there are those who really want to read the whole information, and those who don’t even want to look at it, so I think I’ve found a sweet spot, inspired by @ebullient;

Changes & fixes

• Added a few external link icons for google mail, drive and docs, as well as wikipedia and trello. There still are more on the way!
  • Removed truncation of Note titles;
  • Tables now have vertical lines. Do tell me if you miss the old formatting, as I can make it a Style Settings option, although would rather avoid bloating the Style Settings menu.
  • Replaced iA Writer Quattro V with a hotfixed version of iA Writer Quattro S, thanks to @Epiphanic Syncronicity . The bold issue some people were experiencing should now be fixed thanks to that, and for those who didn’t notice it before, you should notice no difference at all!
  • Font files now include the respective font license in the repo. This also applies for the IBM Plex snippet. Thanks @huw for pointing it out, as well as noticing that some of the imported fonts weren’t imported with the woff2 format, making them significantly heavier than they could. I noticed this was an error on transfonter.org (one needs to specify, even if uploading the font in woff2/woff format, you’ll still need to select woff2 format and encode64, for it to work like you want it to, otherwise it will reset to ttf, which is annoying);
  • Matched contrast of active tab header icon in dark mode to be equivalent to light mode (it didn’t have as much contrast before);
  • Blockquotes now accept paragraphs and line changes;
  • Changed dark mode codeblock background. It should improve the code block’s text contrast. There’s now a faint border in inline code and codeblocks so they’re still identified as code blocks at a glance. Should also make things easier for colourblind users;
  • Scrollbars are now slimmer, and widen a bit upon hover. They also match the background of code blocks, when necessary;
  • Dark Mode hover colours are now more subdued, to match the Light Mode.
  • svg.stop-audio and svg.paused now have new icons;
  • Fixed strange formatting in the tag view from Checklist Plugin;
  • Changed “today” highlight in Fantasy Calendar. Not totally happy with the solution, but at least it doesn’t bug like the previous one;
  • Other smaller fixes and tweaks.

Style Settings

• Removed “Wrap Note Title” style settings option. Note titles should now work as default;
  • “No File Icons” option now also removes file icons in starred pane;
  • Removed “High Contrast Dark Mode Codeblock Background” options. It is now default;
  • Removed old Heading Size options;
  • Added option to override Heading Sizes. There are now 2 types of Headings (inspired by IBM Carbon Design System):
    1. Expressive Mode Headings, which are set by default, adapt to screen size, and vary in size and weight for contrast;
    2. Productive Mode Headings, whose size is fixed but editable, as well as their weight, which is set to semi-bold by default.
  • Added option to remove Titlebar text (the centered one telling the vault’s name and obsidian’s version), for people who could use the space for other stuff like Quick Explorer.

Live Preview

• hr is fixed for Live Preview;
  • List markers now show up in Live Preview;
  • Custom checkboxes now work in Live Preview;
  • Admonitions now work in Live Preview by default, but do keep in mind that:
    1. Only the line which has the checkbox can be styled. This is a limitation of cm6;
    2. There might appear to be a bug when you first use it, i.e. there’s a small box that might appear between the line you’re writing and the checkbox. This is due to cm6, just move your typing cursor to that space, and it should fix itself;
    3. I will look to make it easier to identify that indented lists inside admonition blocks are still contained by the admonitions;
    4. Please don’t forget to use the “admonitions” cssclass if you want it to show up in Preview. css classes don’t apply to Live Preview, so there’s no option for a toggle, hence why it’s on by default.
  • Styled Linked mentions in pane;
  • Custom Fonts should now work in Live Preview.
3 Likes