Sanctum Theme

@Klaas Awesome, thank you so much! I really appreciate that and will add it. Will check out the snippets as well.

You can also change them with Style Settings, with the new update.

1 Like

Nice nice nice!

Sanctum v0.2.3 is here!

Changelog:

• Added discordapp.com external link icon support. Don’t be afraid to make requests on those!
  • Added graph colors customization in Style Settings;
  • Hopefully fixed the misalignment of folder icons some users were experiencing in the file explorer;
  • Updated Community Themes menu styling. It still maintains the proportions of the menu, but now has hover effects and buttons are more legible. I’m curious to see if people want the menu to be bigger, so just send me a message if that’s the case, and I’ll add a style settings option for it;
  • Empty page actions now have accent color on hover;
  • Accent color hover (the color that sometimes shows up when hovering elements that usually have accent color, e.g. footnote links) now has a customization option in Style Settings. I’ll work on getting it to apply consistently throughout the theme;
  • Sidenotes have had a little facelift, and now have 1 more type - left sidenotes! If you want it to align to a paragraph, make sure to add it before that paragraph, on Edit Mode. Add the sidenote text using the following syntax: <s class="aside-right"> Text </s>. There are 4 types: aside-right, aside-left, aside-in, and aside-hide. Only using aside also works, but is more limited (doesn’t support basic markdown formatting). Footnotes still don’t work like Tufte style, though;
  • Other small changes.
1 Like

Thanks for the theme! I don’t know if this is a Sanctum issue or Style Settings, but my headings’ font size reverts to default whenever I close the app, even though the settings slider still shows the correct/custom position?

@Sandro Mmm, I hadn’t noticed that! The css is setup properly, hence why you can change the heading size, so it not saving the setting, I believe, is a plugin issue. Make sure to submit an issue on its github page so alert its developer.

1 Like

This theme ticks all the boxes for me. It makes Obsidian a truly pleasant workspace. Thanks for the considerable effort and expertise you’ve obviously put into this.

One note: a kanban with with five columns (produced with the also-excellent kanban plugin) doesn’t scroll sideways. Clipped columns are pushed down the page, which isn’t ideal presentation for a kanban.

Other than that, there’s little not to love about Sanctum.

1 Like

@amc That was actually intended, in order to keep all columns visible, although I understand where you’re coming from. Perhaps a Style Settings Option for seeing the columns at the same time would be best practice.
I’m glad you’re enjoying Sanctum, and thank you for the feedback! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Sandro I contacted the developer, and identified the issue. It was a tiny change, but it should now be fixed if you update the theme :wink:

1 Like

I’d certainly like to have the ability to have all columns on a horizontal plane, even if I can’t see them all. That way, I reliably know where they are. Having them bump down the page when the window is too narrow to accommodate them all is unexpected. That said, it’s your time, and I’m grateful for what you’ve done so far.

I can confirm it works now, thanks!

I’m not sure what you mean by that. Could you perhaps show a screenshot of the intended behaviour and what currently happens?

Sanctum v0.2.4 is here!

Changelog

• Fixed pinned command icon so it’s not on top of the command name;
  • Suggestion prefixes now use accent color so it’s easier to identify the plugin it comes from. Please let me know if further contrast is necessary, like changing it to text color accent when hovering the command suggestion line;
  • Updated <progress> so even if you don’t use a value out of 100, it will use the accent color. If you want a colour progression, though, you can still use multiples of 5 in a 100 scale, like before;
  • Sidenotes have been formatted once again, so that they’re close to the main text body, and match the theme overall. When using long sidenotes, make sure to alternate between left and right, so the texts don’t overlap! It will also result in an interesting editorial feel, as a side effect;
    • Sidenotes now have different styling options in Style Settings!
  • Fixed issue with “Split vertically” and “Split horizontally” icons where they were switched. They are now in their right place;
  • Added Style Settings option for Kanban Lane Wrapping. This will make lanes follow a new row once they don’t fit the width of the pane. The horizontal view, more true to the kanban concept, is now default;
  • There’s an issue with Bold text on some users. This is due to iA Writer’s variable fonts interacting in a weird way with macOS (AFAIK). To circumvent this, it is advised to download the static font files here, and add them via Style Settings. I’ll add a disclaimer to github and on the forums so this is clear; THIS HAS NOW BEEN HOTFIXED!
  • Fixed Kanban “add card” hover colour, and added a focus colour for when the textarea is being used. By default, the button will also always be shown, even if the number of items exceeds the height of the container. It used to hide before, and one had to scroll in order to move some items. It is not the case now;
  • I’ve also removed every !important section from the kanban-related code, and will work on removing it entirely from the theme;
  • Made some changes to Kanban lanes. They’ll now stop expanding vertically, so the “+Add a card” button stays in sight at all times, and the items get a scrollbar (note that it won’t show up if “No Scrollbar in Notes” is enabled. It will still work, though.
  • You can now hide frontmatter using Style Settings, under the “Elements” section;
  • CodeBlocks and URLs now have the same font size as regular text;
  • Added Blockquote, paraphrase and cite styling. When paraphrasing, simply use the following syntax: <blockquote class="paraphrase"> Text here </blockquote>. You can add an author/attribution inside a blockquote, by using <cite>Author</cite>, and it will justify the name/link to the right. Best not to add a paraphrase right after a blockquote, since they’ll both merge. You can add a comment (%%Comment%%) between them and they’ll stay separated, and not show anything in Preview;
  • Note Titles are now smaller to match UI font size. There’s also a Style Settings option “Wrap Note Titles”, that enables you to see the full note title, for those who use long sentence titles that don’t fit the default header;
  • Removed External Link Icons from the community themes modal;
  • Added Dataview support! There’s also a Style Settings option to alternate the colors in each row;
  • Added Footnotes title option to the Style Settings;
  • You can now disable the WYSIWYG hr in Edit Mode, or have it look like default obsidian, but centered (sort of like a screenplay);
  • Added Block Reference Counter support;
  • Other small changes.

2 Likes

This theme is excellent, and quickly getting excellenter. Spit and polish applied to the deepest corners of the app. Thanks.

1 Like

Sanctum v0.2.5 is here!

Changelog:

• Improved Prompt formatting. Now both pin icons as well as flair have space to display properly. Long command names also don’t feel cramped anymore;
  • Fixed an issue where the settings icon didn’t show on some phones and tablets. Reduced the icon padding, but compensated with margins, meaning that it should now be harder to accidentally click the wrong icon;
  • Fixed an issue where some letters in footnotes/block references would be in superscript. Some custom block references were also showing up in preview mode, but solving the superscript thing may have actually fixed that as well;
  • broken-link svg wasn’t displaying due to a missing comma in the css code sigh It’s now fixed;
  • Added Obsidian Hub compatibility;
  • Fixed Note/Document Icon, which was displaying the attachment icon before;
  • Comments are no longer italic, and have a lighter weight (this shouldn’t be noticeable with iA Writer, but should with other fonts);
  • Formatted Edit Mode hashtags so the hashtag also has the accent colour, and the tag has regular weight;
  • Plugins:
    • Added Fantasy Calendar support, but there’s still more to be done in that department (pending on a new plugin update);
  • Style Settings:
    • Added High Contrast option for dark mode code. This should hopefully help colorblind users;
    • Added an option to edit the Footnotes lvl2 Heading text;
    • Added option to move nav folder arrows to the left;
  • Cleanup:
    • Removed !important from codeblock css;
    • Removed !important from checkbox code;
  • Small changes and polishing.
  • Added Issue templates for bug reports and feature requests;
  • If you’d like to support my work, I’ve added a paypal.me and ko-fi links at the bottom of Sanctum’s Readme, as well as a “Sponsor this project” section.
1 Like

Was not expecting pushing out a new update so soon, but at least it’s a small one!

Sanctum v0.2.6

Changelog:

Style Settings:

• Added variable slider for table width. You can find it in Plugin OptionsStyle SettingsFeaturesTables;
  • Added option to change modal width of settings, community themes and community plugins. You can find it in Plugin OptionsStyle SettingsElementsModals;
  • Added styling to the following html elements: <small>, <samp> and <kbd>. If you want to try them, just insert text inside their containter. E.g: <small> Text </small>. Basically the same tag at the beginning and end (+ a slash in the end one);

Cleanup:

• Removed !important from the Typography section of the css file.

I updated the theme and I’m not sure what happened to the font!

I mean, clearly it’s not using the IA Writer font anymore but I guess one of the secondary ones in the list…but I don’t know why…is it something to do with that line of CSS that has changed?

This isn’t affecting other themes so i think it has to do with that line of CSS itself…

I am on Windows 10…

I’m seeing the same thing. I tried installing the iA fonts on my system, but that didn’t seem to help.

If you update the theme, that shouldn’t happen anymore, as the iA Writer font is available in the theme once again.

It didn’t work because the name of the regular iA Writer is different from the variable version the theme uses, so you’d have to change it in Style Settings. The theme has the font once again, but you’re welcome to try that since you have the fonts installed.