Sanctum Theme

Works with update. Thanks.

1 Like

Could you give a markdown example of creating a sidenote? I can’t seem to find an example.

@stoweboyd

<s class="aside-right">your text</s>

1 Like

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. @Klaas has showed an example of right sidenote, but if you need any more help, you can check the following link: HTML Elements · jdanielmourao/obsidian-sanctum Wiki · GitHub , which explains what they are and their html syntax.

Even though I haven’t published an update in a bit, it has been an eventful couple of weeks! I’ve transitioned the entire theme to SCSS, meaning that it should be faster and easier to edit or add code into the theme. The theme is now also around 42% smaller in file size! :partying_face:

Ooooh, shiny!

• Complete revamp of mobile version! Modals should now make more use of screens, there’s a floating icon for Edit/Preview, and tons of formatting that should be more mobile-friendly;
  • Active note pane is now highlighted. Every other pane should now look darker;
  • Updated Frontmatter look. The metadata table that only displays tags and aliases is hidden by default, and there’s a hidden YAML codeblock that is revealed on hover. I did my best to make it as simple and unobtrusive as possible, since there are those who really want to read the whole information, and those who don’t even want to look at it, so I think I’ve found a sweet spot, inspired by @ebullient;

Changes & fixes

• Added a few external link icons for google mail, drive and docs, as well as wikipedia and trello. There still are more on the way!
  • Removed truncation of Note titles;
  • Tables now have vertical lines. Do tell me if you miss the old formatting, as I can make it a Style Settings option, although would rather avoid bloating the Style Settings menu.
  • Replaced iA Writer Quattro V with a hotfixed version of iA Writer Quattro S, thanks to @Epiphanic Syncronicity . The bold issue some people were experiencing should now be fixed thanks to that, and for those who didn’t notice it before, you should notice no difference at all!
  • Font files now include the respective font license in the repo. This also applies for the IBM Plex snippet. Thanks @huw for pointing it out, as well as noticing that some of the imported fonts weren’t imported with the woff2 format, making them significantly heavier than they could. I noticed this was an error on transfonter.org (one needs to specify, even if uploading the font in woff2/woff format, you’ll still need to select woff2 format and encode64, for it to work like you want it to, otherwise it will reset to ttf, which is annoying);
  • Matched contrast of active tab header icon in dark mode to be equivalent to light mode (it didn’t have as much contrast before);
  • Blockquotes now accept paragraphs and line changes;
  • Changed dark mode codeblock background. It should improve the code block’s text contrast. There’s now a faint border in inline code and codeblocks so they’re still identified as code blocks at a glance. Should also make things easier for colourblind users;
  • Scrollbars are now slimmer, and widen a bit upon hover. They also match the background of code blocks, when necessary;
  • Dark Mode hover colours are now more subdued, to match the Light Mode.
  • svg.stop-audio and svg.paused now have new icons;
  • Fixed strange formatting in the tag view from Checklist Plugin;
  • Changed “today” highlight in Fantasy Calendar. Not totally happy with the solution, but at least it doesn’t bug like the previous one;
  • Other smaller fixes and tweaks.

Style Settings

• Removed “Wrap Note Title” style settings option. Note titles should now work as default;
  • “No File Icons” option now also removes file icons in starred pane;
  • Removed “High Contrast Dark Mode Codeblock Background” options. It is now default;
  • Removed old Heading Size options;
  • Added option to override Heading Sizes. There are now 2 types of Headings (inspired by IBM Carbon Design System):
    1. Expressive Mode Headings, which are set by default, adapt to screen size, and vary in size and weight for contrast;
    2. Productive Mode Headings, whose size is fixed but editable, as well as their weight, which is set to semi-bold by default.
  • Added option to remove Titlebar text (the centered one telling the vault’s name and obsidian’s version), for people who could use the space for other stuff like Quick Explorer.

Live Preview

• hr is fixed for Live Preview;
  • List markers now show up in Live Preview;
  • Custom checkboxes now work in Live Preview;
  • Admonitions now work in Live Preview by default, but do keep in mind that:
    1. Only the line which has the checkbox can be styled. This is a limitation of cm6;
    2. There might appear to be a bug when you first use it, i.e. there’s a small box that might appear between the line you’re writing and the checkbox. This is due to cm6, just move your typing cursor to that space, and it should fix itself;
    3. I will look to make it easier to identify that indented lists inside admonition blocks are still contained by the admonitions;
    4. Please don’t forget to use the “admonitions” cssclass if you want it to show up in Preview. css classes don’t apply to Live Preview, so there’s no option for a toggle, hence why it’s on by default.
  • Styled Linked mentions in pane;
  • Custom Fonts should now work in Live Preview.
3 Likes

First of all, I love this theme and have been using it for about a month now. :sunny:

I hadn’t used as many tables while using this theme, and I noticed that the theme messes up with Advanced Table plugin even though it was mentioned as compatible. Maybe something is wrong with wrapping of texts. I did try to remove the readable line widthin the settings. but didn’t help. Then I tried to increase a setting for number of characters in a line or something, but that too didn’t seem to have any effect.

Is there something I am missing?

Default Theme

Sanctum Sheme

I don’t use Sanctum (heavily modified Minimal, here), but I think this is a CM6/Obsidian/Live Preview thing. the following worked for me. Do you use Live Preview?
On the ‘Advanced Tables’ Git it is recommended that one re-maps the ‘Tab’ and 'Enter ’ functions (‘Go to next cell’ ‘Go to next row’), to new hotkey combos.

Hey! Really love this theme & its simplicity. Wondering if anyone has a css snippet that would highlight/change the color of the current folder & note in explorer?

As @Jeffury mentioned, I believe it’s a CM6/Live Preview bug. If you use the legacy CodeMirror 5 version, it shouldn’t have any problems. If his solution doesn’t work (I haven’t tried it myself yet), we’ll have to wait a bit for the plugin to be compatible with the new CM6. I’ve heard the developer is in conversations with the devs, so I’m sure they’ll come up with a good solution in due time. :slight_smile:
@brevifoliage Upon request, I’ll make a thread for people to showcase how they’re using Sanctum, and the different snippets they’ve added to the theme. Might be worth asking there as well. :slight_smile: I believe there’s a snippet for that in Mara’s github page.

1 Like

The CM6 and CM5 is something that Obsidian uses and Advanced Tables plugins is still on CM5 while the Sanctum theme is on CM6? Something like that?

Live Preview as in WYSIWYG mode?
I use editor and preview modes (toggle)

CM5≠CM6
Legacy editor is on CM5, Mobile and Live Preview is on CM6.

If you’re not an insider, then you’re using legacy mode, which is in cm5, in which Advanced Tables works, and Sanctum is compatible with said plugin. In Live Preview (WYSIWYG, but the devs don’t want to refer to it by that), which runs in cm6, and is only available for insiders atm, the plugin doesn’t work that well, if at all.

Yeah, that is why reported, it wasn’t working for me. It was working fine for the default theme though. :slight_smile:

as shown here : Comment in this thread itself.

Note the screenshots of the same texts.

Oh, I see what’s going on! Since the theme has the text wrap in the editor, it looks like that, instead of hiding the extra text to the right.

@DummyME If you update the theme, it should now be fixed. :wink:

1 Like

Still the same for me.
Will it not affect the existing tables?

EDIT: Fixed. My bad.

I had one table inside admonition codeblock, that wasn’t fixed. It isn’t supposed to either.

THanks !!

1 Like

Update v0.5

First off, happy holidays!
I’ve been releasing hotfixes, but haven’t made a full release in a while, so here’s everything that’s been changed/added.

Shiny:

• Complete Colour Palette rework
  • Live Preview Blockquotes are now supported. I’ll be working on a long term solution
  • Outline pane got some formatting. There’s now a “compact mode” in style settings, to make it… well, more compact. It basically disables text wrapping
  • New Search + Search & Replace Document position. Now on top of the note
  • Comments are now faint in colour
  • Added :focus outline for dropdown menus
  • New Empty State Page (for when there are no opened notes/panes). Happy Holidays"!
  • New Graph Colours. Focused nodes are now pink, for better contrast
  • Small detail, but there should now be a small shadow under the note’s header, to indicate there’s content if you scroll up
  • Prompt hotkeys now have the same format as kbd
  • Community plugins flairs are now green, making it easier to tell which plugins are already installed
  • IBM Plex Sans is back! Now as UI font
  • Added custom syntax highlighting
  • New titlebar
  • Common ligatures are toggled on note panes, but not on code blocks, inline code, or UI
  • Replaced Relationship Lines. Might be subject to change

Mobile:

• Settings window no longer clashes with iPhone status bar
  • Settings icon in side ribbon now visible in iPhones
  • Mobile side panels are a bit larger. This should only be noticeable in tablets, and some phones. They now occupy the entirety of the screen width of phones
  • If the left panel is pinned, there is now an option to unpin it. After unpinning, it won’t be possible to pin it back again
  • Mobile prompts no longer display desktop shortcuts
  • Editing/Reading floating button is back

Plugins:

• Word Sprint Plugin got an updated styling
  • Added support for Reveal Active File Button plugin
  • Updated Breadcrumbs matrix icon
  • Changed fantasy calendar active and viewing day formatting

Deprecated:

• Custom external link icons. You can use the Link Favicons Plugin
  • Removed custom templater highlighting
  • List/heading fold indicator (“…”) no longer supported in Reading View
  • WYSIWYG hr elements no longer supported in Source Mode. It’s now been moved to Live Preview

Bug fixes & Tweaks:

• Adjusted dark mode font weights to be 1 weight below light mode’s, for visual balance
  • Live Preview Embed should now have no margins. There may be some edge cases where that’s not the case. If you find them, please submit an issue in the github repo, it’d be greatly appreciated
  • Multi Color Highlights are now clearer, with an underline that doesn’t compromise text legibility, and have faster animations
  • code in footnotes now uses the footnote font size. Latex and underline elements in headings now use heading font-size and weight
  • Footnotes backrefs now have the accent colours, to indicate their link function. Footnote text is now a bit bigger as well
  • Fixed light theme code blocks
  • Updated ALternate tables
  • Links no longer have underlines, but change brightness when hovered
  • Toggle formatting should now be more consistent
  • YAML should now work better for every setup
  • Task icons are now vertically aligned
  • Many small fixes & tweaks
1 Like

Wow… what a stunning theme! I gasped in awe when I first opened the light time. All the details in this theme are absolutely brilliant, and I love the overall minimalistic vibe. Thank you so much, and bless you for sharing your impeccable taste with the rest of us!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Many hours have gone into this, so I’m glad there’s at least a few people who share my enjoyment for the theme. :blush:

1 Like