Graph view doesn't work

Problem

I’m using your demo file and when i try to open the graphic view nothing happen.

Environment

• Operating system: MacOs 10.12.6
  • Obsidian version: v0.6.4
  • Using custom CSS: No

Additional information

That is odd, is still not working?

No, I don’t understand why. I’m a beginner, but maybe when I click on the graph the program doesn’t find the backlinks. If I open the menu on the right there are no backlinks (but in reality there are)

Thanks. That is odd. Can you please try to

1. close obsidian.
  2. In file manager, go to your vault location.
  3. Enter a director called .obsidian
  4. delete a file named cache.
  5. reopen obsidian

Grazie!

1 Like

If i well understand i’ve to go to my obsidian vault (which i have create for the app) but inside I haven’t nothing more than my files. Instead, if u tell me to go inside the Obsidian app package also here I haven’t this… I had trying to reinstall the app but the problem still remain.

Use finder and go to your vault. There should be a hidden directory called .obsidian .

Okay, I found it, but the graph doesn’t work … it has never works on my macbook :frowning:

That is very odd.
Would you create a zip of your vault and send it to us for review?

You can upload to dropbox or someplace similar.

Sure, no problem!

It is working for me. We’ll try to figure out what your problem is.

If I can help you in any way, tell me

What model of mac do you have? I’ve only seen similar issues on a Virtual Machine with weird graphics hardware.

It’s time to buy a new one maybe, too sad
Schermata 2020-05-28 alle 18.35.38

Ah I think our new graph is using WebGL which may not be working well on your Macbook. I could try a few things and see if it’ll downgrade to canvas mode.

Yeah I just double checked, we don’t currently fallback to canvas mode. I’ll include that in the next version which will hopefully solve your issue (but it won’t be super performant/fast).

1 Like

Ok, thank u so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had this problem and deleting the .cache file inside the .obsidian folder helped. The graph is back working.

1 Like

This is why it doesn’t work. I would point obsidian to my firefox which supports WebGL quite well, if it asked for a browser. get.webgl.org says it is supported.

pixi.min.js:8 Uncaught (in promise) Error: WebGL unsupported in this browser, use "pixi.js-legacy" for fallback canvas2d support.
    at Function.r.create (pixi.min.js:8)
    at Tn (pixi.min.js:8)
    at new t (pixi.min.js:8)
    at hc.<anonymous> (app.js:1)
    at app.js:1
    at Object.next (app.js:1)
    at r (app.js:1)

P.S.: another registration is really not needed, github issues could do, since you already use it for development, there is no need to use/collect email at all.

I have just upgrade at 0.6.7 but the graph still doesn’t work :frowning:

We implemented the fallback. Will be fixed in the next release.