Frontmatter link in the graph

Hello,
Is it possible to make Obsidian crawl also the links in the frontmatter when it creates the graph?
For example, I have this note that I would see linked to these topics:

---
topics:
- [[Topic 1]]
- [[Topic 2]]
---
6 Likes

I just reached this feature request because I started using the obsidian-banners plugin and I would like to know if I have any images that are not being used as banners.

Also I have seen many links that relate to this feature request, and I think that I found a point where it is reasonable to link a file to YAML:

I saw that some users would dislike this idea, because they want their YAML metadata to be separated from the linking process. This could be an optional feature, allowing some users to “look for file links inside file metadata”.

2 Likes

I have links within my frontmatter like this for my people notes and it’s very frustrating that these related notes don’t appear in the graph view.

Thankfully I have found success once I wrapped each reference with quotations like this:

This now appears to work as expected.

Not exactly what makes the difference but it’s nice to know I can make frontmatter work as I needed here. This is huge because I store a lot of details in the frontmatter so that my templates can remain pretty dynamic and I have some reporting/query capabilities.