Every time Obsidian opens a document to read after startup and then enters edit mode, the cursor will always jump to the top of the documentgra

Every time Obsidian opens a document to read after startup and then enters edit mode, the cursor always jumps to the top of the document, which is a very annoying behavior. Is there an option to cancel or disable it? If there is no optional setting, then it is recommended to add an optional option to allow the user to turn off and disable this behavior. Thank you very much!

I’m using source mode, I haven’t tested it in instant rendering mode.

What exactly is your feature request? Do you want obsidian to remember the cursor position when you last edited the document? Or do you want an option to have the cursor at the bottom of the document?

Anyway, check out this community plugin:

Also, there already is a feature request open:

You can find several more or less related feature requests by searching for “cursor position”.

The plugin is not adapted to my request.
The problem I want to explain is: whenever I start Obsidian and open a document and read to the middle or bottom of the document, if I switch to the source code editing mode at this time, the cursor will automatically jump to the top of the document (top position) This behavior is very annoying. Therefore, this behavior needs to be turned off. The correct performance should be where I read, then after switching to the source code editing mode, the cursor is also at this position instead of automatically jumping to the top. . .
Please see video description:
Video_2023-05-30_1.zip (497.8 KB)

See here:

This bug very much affects editing while reading and hopefully this bug will be fixed in the next release.:+1::+1::+1: