Double tap needed to switch tabs on iPad

Steps to reproduce

1. Open multiple tabs in the iPad app.
  2. Tap on a tab other than the current one to switch to it. The hover state will trigger, without switching to the tab.
  3. Tap on the same tab again. It should now switch to it.

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Yes, default theme, no community plugins.

Expected result

Switching tabs should work after a single tap.

Actual result

Two taps are needed.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Operating system: ios 17.0.3 (Apple iPad)
Obsidian version: 1.4.16 (114)
API version: v1.4.16
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: none
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: light
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

3 Likes

Please, post a screen recording?

Does this started recently?

Thank you for reporting this.

@WhiteNoise this is part of (or at least similar to) a larger problem of taps not registering properly in the tablet interface. It also happens in the ribbon.

It’s been around for a while but AFAIK this is the first bug report about it (I’ve been meaning to post one). There’s this unresolved Help post from April:

I didn’t see it at the time but I do now. I believe the problem with tabs is more recent but am not totally sure.

There’s also this more recent thread with more people, which also links to a Discord convo.

I can’t upload video here but I’ll get it to you on Discord. It’s video of the tabs problem; I wasn’t able to capture the ribbon problem this time — it doesn’t happen every single time (the tabs problem is more consistent, and as I write this I’m starting to think more that they might just be similar problems, not actually related.)

2 Likes

repro.zip (208.0 KB)

Here is a video showing this. I couldn’t get the “pointer” to show up in the video, but when you see the tab background color change is the first touch.

I have been dealing with this one a long time. I thought it was just an option I couldn’t find.

Will be fixed in the next release.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.