Customizable keyboard shortcuts to toggle active visibility for 'File Explorer', 'Search', 'Tags', 'Starred'

I could blatantly be missing something obvious here, and someone will probably clarify that by posting this but I thought it would a real dandy to have keyboard shortcuts to toggle the active visibility for the following panes:

• File Explorer
  • Search
  • Tags
  • Backlinks
  • Starred

While it is certainly easy enough easy enough to pop your side menus with a keyboard shortcut and that is definitely the method I use; but for example I have Search and File Explorer nested next to each other on a sidebar and if I trigger search it will become active over the file explorer. Having a keyboard shortcut to make other panes visible without touching the mouse would be ideal.

7 Likes

Related feature requests, … :

Fully keyboard navigation, I second this! I miss this often.

1 Like

This request has been (mostly) implemented in https://forum.obsidian.md/t/obsidian-release-v0-12-0/16809

There are now hotkeys to show the panes for file explorer, backlinks, outline, starred, and tag pane.

These hotkeys can be set according to documentation: Setting hotkeys

In Obsidian β†’ Settings β†’ Hotkeys they are named as following:

• Search: Search in all files
  • File explorer: Show file explorer
  • Backlinks: Show backlinks pane
  • Starred: Show starred pane
  • Outline: Show outline pane
  • Outgoing Links: Show outgoing links pane

I do not use tags and I could not find associated command to show tags pane. Could someone confirm this is still missing or can this request be archived?

1 Like

Tag Pane: Show Tag Pane

would love being able to toggle visibility for the File pane

You can now they added this a while back!

@clydebaron2000 Read my post above ↑ from September 7 and look for
File explorer: Show file explorer.
Is that what you are looking for?