Hi janpeeters, i’ve been multiple hours into this same issue today and I’ve solved it. To spare you and others the hassle, hereby my answer to the issue I was having:
- How do I use Obsidian on my Windows PC & can easily view and edit the notes, including the images, on my iPhone.
- All attachments (images, videos, pdfs) are in one folder (keeping the folders where notes are clean).
- Usage of WebDav (not iCloud, Dropbox)
- Image preview works smootly in iOS app
- When I move notes around in Obsidian, the links shouldn’t break.
Disable Wikilinks and use Relative Path to file, see image below. Do this in combination with the app 1Writer.
Long answer, based on the list of Brett Terpstra of iPhone apps which support WebDav and suggestions I’ve came across in other places, I’ve tried the below apps, but none worked with the links which are the standard in Obsidian (wikilinks):
- Notes Writer
- Working Copy
1Writer also doesn’t work with WikiLinks as images, only when the image is in the same dir as the note. But one of my requirements was that I didn’t want that as folders become quite messy. If you use standard Markdown for all links, this also solves the issue 1Writer has with Piped links. It doesn’t look as neatly when editting, but to me, the major benefit of having access to my Obsidian Vault from my iPhone, is worth it.
If somebody else found another solution, I’m very curious!!