Create or open today’s Daily Note in 1Writer on iPhone or iPad with this Shortcut:
Requires 1Writer (obviously) and your Vault files added via 1Writer’s internal Dropbox integration (i.e., not as an External File Provider via iOS Files, as 1Writer’s URL schemes won’t work with those folders. )
Changelog (oldest first):
Jun 8, 2020 8:26AM MST
- Fixed a small bug in the Dropbox line that may have prevented some users from creating the note in the folder they designate
- Added a disclaimer to the Import Question specifying that the target folder must exist and be added to 1Writer via Dropbox before you run the Shortcut
Jun 10, 2020 8:31AM MST
- Switched the final action from
Open URL—the shortcut no longer forces the active app to switch back to Shortcuts
July 24 12:00PM MST
- Added support for iCloud, so the shortcut can now work with both 1Writer’s iCloud folder and arbitrary Dropbox folders. The shortcut uses 1Writer’s
appendURL scheme action to ensure the file exists before using
opento open it, so it opens 1Writer twice as it executes.
- Added an import question asking whether you use Dropbox or iCloud.