How do I work with Obsidian on Mobile?

Does anyone have a good webapp they can use to quickly search/add/edit markdown from a mac or windows browser?

2 Likes

Although I did not try as yet, for iOS Notebooks 10 app may be useful. Seems to create notebooks (actually folders) to organize the notes and support [[ ]] syntax.

I would love to hear feedbacks from the people who used it.

1 Like

But this doesn’t seem to have web app.

In the latest version (0.67), the syntax for color and size no longer corresponds to that of Markor, but works the same as Epsilon Notes. I don’t know about any other differences, though Epsilon is Commonmark rather than GFM. iirc Markor is GFM.

I like both, but I’ve switched to Epsilon Notes because of this.

2 Likes

Also noticed that markor renders "<!-- stuff meant to be hidden but Obsidian and Epsilon Notes hide it
The quotation mark needs to be removed - just added it so that it actually shows here.

@mediapathic You may want to add this to the iOS section—it allows creation/opening of Obsidian-formatted Daily Notes in 1Writer. 1Writer iOS create or open Daily Note shortcut

5 Likes

I often come back to this resource when I’m trying to find the “perfect” mobile editor. It’s specific to iOS but there are several cross-platform apps:

9 Likes

Hi, I’m trying to move my iA writer notes to Obsidian. I am quite new to Obsidian and I only see how to import notes from Roam. Do you know how I can do that?

If you open your iA Writer notes in Obsidian, most should work. Are there any particular formatting issues that are giving you trouble?

1 Like

You need to pick to a folder for Obsidian to store notes in that iA Writer can also see. Then just move all the notes from the iA Writer default folder to that shared folder.

I use iA Writer on Mac and iPad, so I had an iA Writer folder in iCloud. I made a new top level folder on iCloud for my Obsidian vault, and then added that folder as a location in iA Writer.

There are a bunch of different permutations possible here, but really all you need to do is get the files into a place that both apps can see.

3 Likes

Thank you! I manage to import them, but only notes in md will appear. My notes were in .txt

1 Like

Thank you! I did the same. I am saving my iA Writer notes in a folder in icloud. I created a new vault in Obsidian linking to that icloud folder. I also had to change how iA writer was saving files: from .txt to .md, otherwise Obsidian can’t see the files.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, iA Writer uses .txt as default for some reason. Most Markdown editors stick to .md, I think.

Your .txt files can be safely renamed to .md and they will work the same in iA Writer while being available to Obsidian, too. If you’re on a Mac, you can bulk rename from Finder by selecting the target files and going to File → Rename.

2 Likes

Great link. Thank you for sharing.

Wow. That’s a feast of analysis.

1 Like

@curtismchale Have you published that video?

I went with iA Writer and connected him on iOS and Ipad to my NAS folder which is directly connected with Obsidian vault. With that i can open through iA Writer directly library on NAS Drive and edit .md files i have there or add new. Cool thing that all changes are instantly ( or few sec later ) visible in OBS desktop and all changes i make on desktop are visible on files on iA Writer.

For quick addons from mobile i added folder “Quick notes” where i just add quick notes on the go from mobile.

3 Likes

Comes out on June 24th at this link https://youtu.be/Ndg6htvNnWI

2 Likes

Thanks, @curtismchale, but that video link is private.

Yes it is, until it’s published on June 24th. I just figured you could put a note to yourself to watch it on that day if you wanted.