Adding a .nomedia file automatically inside the media folder on Android

Use case or problem

I recently spent a lot of time searching the issue related to attachment loss during sync. It was indeed Google Photos deleting on my whole device because of the file name.

The answer to the issue was simple : Creating a .nomedia file inside my media folder inside my vault.

Proposed solution

Automatically creating a .nomedia file inside the media folder of our vault. Or at least making it possible to enable it inside the files settings with something along the line of “In order to solve mobile gallery issue with software like Google Photos”.

Current workaround (optional)

Creating the .nomedia file myself.

Related feature requests (optional)

Link to my previous post

1 Like

I added “on Android” to the title.

1 Like

Yes I too believe it would be a very useful option for android devices because with so many attachment folders created by obsidian in the long run the android gallery will show dozens of totally useless folders crammed with useless images.
Really inconvenient to have to add by hand a .nomedia file for each attachment folder. It would be less problematic using a single attachment folder for everything, as obsidian allows, but it involves writing internal links with relative or absolute paths that sometimes give compatibility problems outside obsidian.