Writing in tree structure - The solution to long form writing (Gingko)

Follow-up:
is anyone interested in finishing the job together?
(I guess there are still bounties :))

2 Likes

Would love to help but I’m coding-clueless. I can help with design and UX, and very minimal CSS. Happy to contribute $

2 Likes

Has anyone been using it with the new ‘Properties’. If I set a CSSClass under CSSClasses, it will retain the property for a while, but eventually, after editing the ‘tree-edit’, it disappears. There must be something in the code that is wiping everything else BUT the tree-edit from the note.

2 Likes

@JaPossert wow incredible job with the progress of this plugin so far, this was so much potential!

For beginners trying to test it, let me know if you’d like me to make a video tutorial showing you how to get this going, since at the moment it’s a bit technical to get it working.

Hope a developer takes interest in this and helps @JaPossert and @artem continue the great work they’ve done with this.

For anyone excited to use this now, I personally still use the official gingko writer a lot, it’s an incredible app, obviously the only big limitation is that it doesn’t work together with Obsidian in local files, since that would be amazing.

what @JaPossert and @artem have built is a huge step, so thank you guys!

I personally hope @Adriano (the original creator of Gingko :pray:) would one day be interested in creating an official paid Obsidian gingko plugin, since personally that would be the ideal solution, and it’s good to see how much interest there is in what Adriano built with the original Gingko app.

4 Likes

In the past 3 days I’ve been working on an new callout type for my community theme Dune and I called this one Timeline.

With this callout you’ll be able to develop your thoughts on a horizontal axis. Each new line in a Timeline callout adds another column. It’s not exactly a tree structure (as this would complicate things for a callout) the goal of this callout is instead, to organize your thoughts and lists within a given time frame.

I consider Timeline as an upgrade to common lists and a bird eye perspective over our actions and plans in time

What my Timeline callout does in detail is documented here

In case you’re interested to know more about my community theme read on here

3 Likes

Your videos are always welcome @santi! I am a Gingko user as well (alongside Obsidian) and indeed if this work it could be a game changer.

Thank you for the encouragement, @santi
Just today, I have made a major milestone in putting together a team for an LLM/AI infrastructure involving (Obsidian) notes.
My personal coding litmus test is the project described in this thread.
Intending to post the result here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s incredible @JaPossert appreciate your work, feel free to reach out if I can help in any way!

1 Like

@santi Thanks for the idea. I’m experimenting with it here https://github.com/ycnmhd/obsidian-lineage.

3 Likes

Looks really promising, I hope it comes to fruition! Is it ready for beta testing?

It is very early. Every time I use it I find a new bug, especially when dragging and dropping nodes.

1 Like

Alright, I will keep an eye out for developments and jump on the bandwagon a bit later :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is awesome @ycn
I see that the last commit is two weeks old… so, in case you hit a roadblock:
How can we help?
@santi also offered some and I know there are some bounties on this!

1 Like

@JaPossert Thanks. Nope, no roadblocks at the moment.