Widgets for Android app

I just tried out the Notion Android widget and it’s awesome. I really wish Obsidian could get something like it. Here is a screen recording of it in action:

6 Likes

+1 would appreciate a widget that shows a certain note a lot.

Also a task widget, like Evernote. It shows all the tasks. It would be very helpful.

3 Likes

I really like the second idea but for vaults.

I separate my vaults for my writing, personal life and work flow. I separate them so that I don’t get confused and my notes don’t get cluttered.

It is easy to create shortcuts for desktop to open specific vaults but I find it difficult for mobile.

I want to have at least 3 obsidian icons on my home page to open different vaults so that I don’t have to switch between them all the time.

1 Like

+1 from me. I would love widgets like what Google Keep has.

Agreed that Keep has great widgets, such as …

This is a scrollable list of notes with a particular tag (#music, in this case).

I can click on one and it will open that note in Keep.

3 Likes

Capture = relief
Quick capture widget with “add new note” like from Evernote, is the 1-st priority for me in obsidian features.

Capturing on the go - is SO important, and the major resistance and fiction factor for me, and my clients who use my knowledge+tasks second brain system.

For now many of my clients are forced to stay on Evernote, because mobile delay doesn’t allow for quick capture. Some of them stay on ticktick, or todo-ist, or notion…

In any case - i see how obsidian can offer more flexibility with community plug-ins, so i’m really hoping for widgets to be added.

4 Likes

+1 here

1 Like

+1

1. widget for showing the content of the note
  2. widget for quick add a thought

above already mentioned good samples:

1. google keep view widget
  2. notion add qucik note widget
  3. evernote task widget

for me looks like 1 and 3 can be resolved with widget that shows one file from the vault. Probably smth like that Markdown Widget | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository but with better implementation)) That one does not look work well, I have tried - very small, and actions just not work.

2 Likes

I also think widgets would be great. Being able to more quickly add thoughts to my daily notes / thought input folder would be a real improvement!

1 Like

The widget is kind of all I need to ditch Google Keep.

4 Likes

1+

replying to keep the feature request alive!

2 Likes

+1+1+1!!!

AAAAA I desperately NEED IT!

+1 this would be huge for me! I want to switch over from Google Keep to using Obsidian only but a home screen widget for my daily note is a necessity :S

1 Like

+1 to this request - it will be amazing to be able to capture thoughts fast via wedge like google keep app

OMG yes to “display the contents of a note in a resizable widget”!

Please please please enable users to change the font size and the amount of whitespace in the widget. Some people need big fonts and lots of whitespace for accessibility reasons. I need my homescreen notes tiny and dense, to save room for other stuff (which ultimately is an accessibility thing for me too). And lots of people like it somewhere in the middle.

…really wishing this was solved!

+1 for this

It would be the cherry on the cake!

If we can support this idea by pledging some financial incentive, I’m up for it.

Thanks for all the amazing work.

I’d really like widgets too…
Currently I find myself using Obsidian on multiple platforms, as second brain(I have CCAS and memory problems because of that).
Quickly noting stuff down in a todo list or on a daiyly note works great on my desktop, but feels slow and cumbersome on the phone.
Adding notes, or being abke to add to predefined notes via a widget would be a great improvement.
Even if that means not all plugins/themes are loaded for that view to speed up note-taking, it’s getting in Obsidian and that’s important!

At the moment I enter my todos and notes in a notepad, having to manually add it to obsidian later(if I don’t forget).

1 Like

Okay I’m too eager for that so I attempted to made a fanmade solution, here a small ad:

It has been 2 or 3 years we have requested this feature, with no response at all. Rather than waiting, let us just do it on our own right now.