Typomagical - A theme for typographic appreciators

I like that theme, I’ve always loved beautiful typography. One thing missing for me and that I look for when choosing a new theme is the bullet point relationship lines. I’m a visual learner and I love to see the clear structure in my courses. Could you add an option for it in Style Settings (I’m on iPad/mobile)?

1 Like

I think more palettes is a great idea: I’ll have a chat with the creators of Nord and Ono Sendai to see how they feel about me using their colour schemes!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a sans serif font with ligatures, it seems contradictory, but maybe it could happen? :thinking:

Thank you Sandro, I’ve just checked and it seems they are broken for me too. Perhaps a recent Obsidian update? I’ll fix this as soon as I can!

1 Like

Great idea! This doesn’t seem terribly difficult, I’ve added this as an issue here for me to remember: Add bullet point relationship lines as a style option · Issue #17 · hungsu/typomagical-obsidian · GitHub

1 Like

Please feel free to reach out again if you see a problem!

@hungsu : Thanks for the offer but I found the answer myself and I didn’t want to bother you with a problem I could solve myself.
By the way, it’s a great theme :+1: and I instantly liked it especially the „Vileplume“ variant. Thanks for this super theme and please, keep up this great work.

1 Like

Is @hungsu still updating this theme? I was hoping see more features like multicolored highlights text styling image grids and other features other themes have. This is really nice theme but it seem,s like its not ever updated or abandoned. As pretty as it is I don’t know if with it not being updated I should use something else?

@Marty Did you post this in the wrong thread? @hungsu last updated the theme 2 days ago. And even if it was “abandoned”, your comment is very rude. People develop these themes for free — you are not entitled to their time.

2 Likes

I asked if he could add something in the css and he answered and added it to the issues so I doubt it is “abandoned”… A strange way indeed to give feedback to a work in progress.

2 Likes

I didn’t think it was rude, @Sandro. I didn’t suggest I was entitled to anybody’s time either. Some themes are built and then left relatively unattended. This theme has been around for three months, and official for one. Compared to other themes that receive frequent updates and feature improvements, not much has happened with typo-magical. I bear no ill will toward the maker of this theme. I simply wanted to know if this was the final version or if there were plans to improve on it.

I’m not sure why you lashed out at me the way you did, but you seem personally offended. I wonder why that is? Like I said you took what I said in the worst possible light. That’s on you buddy!

1 Like

I think it’s the impression your post gave. Asking if a very recently updated plugin or theme has been abandoned, does sound insulting.

Not the first thing I would have expected to be added to this theme given the goal.

1 Like

I appreciate your opinion, @Dor. I just don’t know why your giving it. You seem to be trying to convince me that the words I used were offensive or rude, when I already said they didn’t appear so to me, nor were they intended to be. It almost seems like you and others are trying to censor, or police my words to conform to some subjective standard I’m unaware of. Truth be told, I’m beginning to regret liking this theme enough to even inquire about it, since it seems if my language doesn’t offer the appropriate praise, I’m subjected to second guessing and false assumptions about my intent.

Hi Marty, I’m at work for a while longer but wanted to give a quick reply

Thank you very much for your interest in my new little theme!

My other theme, Vileplume, is indeed mostly abandoned and only updated if i’m made aware of severe breaking changes.

Typomagical on the other hand is my daily driver and i plan to update it with fixes and major features for quite a long time, so please rest assured I will read all suggestions/ideas, including yours!

1 Like

That’s simple. It’s this response.

Saying it’s their individual perception makes it hard for them to respond to a post that looks frankly aggressive. So I pointed out that it wasn’t simply their individual perception.

Not trying to convince you. Simply observing that they came across to me that way too.

3 Likes

I request everyone in this thread take a step back from arguing. Please keep this thread on topic.

1 Like

Thanks Chris! Let’s get back to typographically pretty styling and features :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was hoping see more features like multicolored highlights text styling image grids and other features

Interesting - I’m actually not sure what you mean by any of these features: multicoloured highlights? image grids? Can you name any particular themes with these features for me to look at?

Thanks, @hungsu. For highlights, I was referring to something like GitHub - jdanielmourao/obsidian-sanctum: A minimalist theme for Obsidian, with the aim of creating a serene space of retreat, for thought and uninterrupted work. and listed as multi-colored highlights. For image grid, I was referring to something like Theme: ITS (Dark/Light Theme) - #126 by SlRvb and listed under Image Grid.

Whether either belongs with your theme, I leave to you.

2 Likes

Hi all! It’s been a busy time and will continue to be busy for me over the Christmas holiday, but I’m working on getting WYSIWYG as clean as possible, particularly in the wake of CodeMirror 6. It’s not too bad now but with definite noticeable problems that I’d like to keep squashing.

In the meantime, one other thing I’m looking into is lovely round glyphs for ordered lists, like so!

jsoY3ikLCW

1 Like

I’m having a problem with Typomagical not displaying non-ASCII characters on the iPad.

This is how it looks on the iPad:
IMG_1C799CFB01A9-1

This is how it’s supposed to look (and how it looks on the Mac):
Zrzut ekranu 2021-12-14 o 12.08.16

I’m wondering: is it due to Typomagical using fonts that aren’t installed by default on iOS? Do you know of any fix? Typomagical is by far my favorite theme, and it’s a pity I can’t use it on the iPad.

1 Like