Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
Page up/down in the new WYSIWYG editor is not working correctly for me. It only moves the page by 3-4 lines rather than a whole page. And it frequently gets “stuck” doing even that - it moves by 3-4 lines but then immediately reverts back.
post a screen recording of this happening in the help vault.
we will fix a bug related to page up and down in 0.13.15.
If you still have this problem open a new bug report.
Steps to reproduce
- create a new note with a lot of text. It should span multiple pages.
- Go to the bottom of the note and press the
page up hotkey 2 times
- Go to the top of the note and press the
page down hotkey 2 times
Basically, I expect standard page up/down behavior.
In step 2, I expect the page to scroll up one page view every single time that I press page up.
In step 3, I expect the page to scroll down one page view every single time that I press page down.
In step 2, after pressing page up the 2nd time, the page view goes back DOWN to the bottom of the document instead of continuing to scroll up.
In step 3, after pressing page down the 2nd time, the page view goes to the very bottom of the document, instead of continuing to go down page by page.
Obsidian version: v0.13.14
Installer version: v0.10.8
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: supporter
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Safe mode: on
Update installer: installer version too low, please download from Download - Obsidian and reinstall.
This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Steps to reproduce
(The most clear evidence, but it is so common if you have somewhat big notes)
- Make a file with a lot of new lines, then make a markdown thing (separator ( ___ ) bugging more than others, but sometimes others do this too) and place it in the middle of the file so that it would be beyond screen, and make sure there are some new lines behind
- Turn on Vim mode
- In the file, in command mode just hold j key (to go down) and, when it “collide” with this markdown thing it become typing jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.
This could be also with k .
Page up and Page down.
They are also bugging at markdown syntax, but they just teleport you back.
Nothing, just navigation
Inserting navigation commands or going back.