When navigating back and forward with large notes, Obsidian jumps back to the correct location but also does a subsequent smaller jump of around 3-5 lines.
Steps to reproduce
- Go to a long note and locate a link somewhere in the middle (below the fold).
- Ctrl - Click on that link to open the note.
- Then use navigate back (button in top right corner). Obsidian will now jump back to halfway the long note, but then does another smaller jump.
I would expect that Obsidian immediately jumps to the correct location, and not do a subsequent smaller jump. This is a bit annoying and ‘feels’ sluggish.
See description above. I’ve made a video where this effect on a small scale can be seen (it jumps around 2 lines).
(Since I recorded my actual Vault, I feel apprehensive to upload it here where the whole world can see. Is there some place I can send it to? Else I’ll make a fake Vault and see if the issue happens there too.)
- Operating system: Windows 64 bit
- Obsidian version: Obsidian v0.11.0
- The problem happens with custom CSS enabled and disabled.
This problem first happened on 0.11.0 for me.
I searched the forum and graveyard for recent issues (last 2 weeks) and couldn’t find any.