(This topic is a follow-up to Page jumps when navigating back/forward.)
When I navigate forward and back in the same panel, there’s a noticeable jump in the page. Meaning:
- From the current note, I navigate back.
- Obsidian moves to the approximate position I was earlier in the previous note.
- Then the page jumps again to its right position.
This is an annoying issue that makes Obsidian feel slow (even when it isn’t).
Steps to reproduce
When I start here:
And then navigate backward, Obsidian goes to the previous note:
But then there’s another jump to the proper location:
(Notice how this jump is about 7 lines.)
Here is the ‘Developer Tools’ recording of the ‘Performance’ tab, from which those three screenshots are also made.
If you analyse that file, you’ll see that there are two layout shifts for every navigate back/forward action. The first layout shift is the proper one. The second one is the one that creates the note jump. A smooth user experience happens when there’s one layout shift.
Let me know if I can provide more information. I really want this issue to be fixed, so if I can help in just a little way, please let me know. Thanks!
- Obsidian 0.12.10
- Installer version: 0.12.10
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Theme: custom CSS disabled, using the default white theme.
- Third-party themes? Not used and not installed.
- Third-party plugins? Not used and not installed.
- Core plugins active: File explorer, Search, Quick switcher, Backlinks, Daily notes, Command palette, Starred, Random note, Workspaces, File recovery, Sync.
- Both Obsidian and the Vault folder added as exceptions to Windows Defender (antivirus).