I’m still struggling with switching between outline-based apps like Roam and Logseq and Obsidian. I’m hoping there could be an integrated solution in Obsidian so I can do everything in one place.
Keywords: Outliner, Outline, Outlining
Use case or problem
When curating thoughts, it’s often faster to use an ‘outliner’ mode that quickly allows you to build an outline of your thoughts and then effortlessly move sections of the outline around.
Create a plug-in or feature similar to Logseq or Roam that enhances the way outlining and folding currently works.
- P1: Easily move sections by clicking a bullet and dragging.
- P1: Both tab and shift-tab control indenting from within the text itself
- P2: Perhaps an Outliner mode that keeps in bullet mode (harder to break out by accident)
- P3: Toggle triangle (folder) only shows up when there are sub-bullets and you hover over the bullet.
- P3: Bullets have subtle vertical guides within the outline to see position (perhaps only when in ‘Outliner’ mode?)
- P4: Bullets have a ‘halo’ around them when collapsed / folded and there are sub-bullets underneath.
- P5: BONUS: Ability to zoom into a bullet (optional, but really nice)
Having to use Logseq or Roam outside of Obsidian for quick thought curation then transfer to Obsidian.