Obsidian Roundup - weekly newsletter for tips, news & resources

How do you use Obsidian? Obsidian Roundup - Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Visual Notetaking Guides & Demo Vaults for Managers

You can now push notes to Readwise’s Reader app for improved spaced repetition review. You can also comment on the Roundup!

*Attention New Users: This is a great way to learn what’s happening in the World of Obsidian!

To Read: 🌠 Visual Notetaking Guides & Demo Vaults for Managers

Obsidian Roundup Collection of Resources: Resources

Subscribe: https://obsidianroundup.org

Read Archives: Blog

RSS Feed: //obsidianroundup.org/blog/rss/

Published by: @EleanorKonik (The Obsidian Roundup is so helpful to the community. Thanks, Eleanor!)

Comment and tell @EleanorKonik what you enjoy most about the Roundup!

Question: How do you use Obsidian (the short version) ? ; - )

1 Like

Right now I’m using Obsidian to take notes about what things I want to do as far as lesson planning goes. I’m knee-deep in prep for work :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Obsidian Roundup - Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Tabs and a new Default Theme

Dataview has its own channel and I can’t access Discord until next week.

*Attention New Users: This is a great way to learn what’s happening in the World of Obsidian!

To Read: 🌠 Tabs and a new Default Theme

Published by: @EleanorKonik (The Obsidian Roundup is so helpful to the community. Thanks, Eleanor!)

Question: What is your favorite thing about Obsidian (the short version) ? ; - )

Do you use Obsidian? Obsidian Roundup - Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Bulk Rename, Cleanup Routines & Mobile git

There’s an upcoming discussion of daily logs, a new Jira integration, and a job opportunity from the folks at Readwise right as Obsidian’s team expanded too :slight_smile:

To Read: 🌠 Bulk Rename, Cleanup Routines & Mobile git

Question: Do you use Obsidian? Daily, Weekly, Monthly? ; - )

These days I’m using it weekly because IT blocked it on my work computer and when I get home I’m often very tired :frowning:

1 Like

Almost daily, mostly because I journal here (daily notes).
For actual synthesis and processing knowledge? I’ll say weekly, although it comes in fits and starts. I wish I was as dedicated as some of you seem to be… Although I’m in a much better place now that I was four years ago!

1 Like

:stars: Dataview Example Vault, Book Club, & Ecosystem Stats

Memes about minimalism, bullet backlinks plugin, timeshifting, a book club, and an upcoming mystery event.

To Read: 🌠 Dataview Example Vault, Book Club, & Ecosystem Stats

Question: What is your favorite new Obsidian plugin?

Influx seems really cool!

1 Like

Very! Like many people, I’m struggling with how the heck to organize all my documents. I’ve been using computers for decades now, and it’s STILL a struggle. Influx seems like it could be very helpful.

It appears to be an extended backlinks pane–simple but powerful. Is there more to it than that?

I may install it with BRAT and play with it, although I usually like to wait for plugins to be approved.

1 Like

I bumped the influx discussion to a separate topic, hoping to start conversation.

1 Like

Obsidian Roundup Day - Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Community Contest & Spaced Repetition Improvements

There’s a new interactive medical terminology dictionary, & a step-by-step guide to setting up a second brain in minutes per day.

To Read: 🌠 Community Contest & Spaced Repetition Improvements

Question: What are doing for the Obsidian “Back to School” (best creation for college students, graduate students, and specific subject matter will earn bonus prizes) event?
This year includes expanded categories. Obsidian Back to School Event 2022

Probably nothing, because I am back to school and it’s a lot to deal with :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Obsidian Roundup Day - Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Pandoc, Happiness, & Dataview Tricks

Weekly notes, Eisenhower matrixes, and my new job with Readwise.

To Read: 🌠 Pandoc, Happiness, & Dataview Tricks

Question: What are doing for the Obsidian “Back to School” (best creation for college students, graduate students, and specific subject matter will earn bonus prizes) event?

Sorry for the delay in this posting. Blame Hurricane Ian…

It’s Saturday, Obsidian Roundup Day! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: PDF Indexing & Live Preview Table Edits

Tips on time blocking, a dashboard for dataview queries, & management tools for Magic: The Gathering.

To Read: 🌠 PDF Indexing & Live Preview Table Edits

1 Like

I am finally writing my reasonably comprehensive Konik Method of Notetaking article :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Obsidian Roundup is here! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Obsidian Out of Beta, Obsidian October Extended

Table generators, advanced project management options, & a guide to Charles Darwin’s note taking method.

To Read: 🌠 Obsidian Out of Beta, Obsidian October Extended

Question: What is your favorite plugin?

Obsidian Roundup is your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Supercharged tags & a new Zotero integration

Lots of new color schemes are proliferating. Plus, inspiring stories about quitting marijuana and putting visual studio code inside of an Obsidian window.

To Read: 🌠 Supercharged tags & a new Zotero integration

Question: What was the best thing you learned about Obsidian this week?

2 Likes

this new zotero integration looks really slick! I didn’t know it was possible to hook into the Zotero database directly like this

1 Like

the Strange New Worlds plugin is awesome!

1 Like

I need to check it out!