Obsidian Roundup - weekly newsletter for tips, news & resources

I have learned a lot about reading and writing “code” of various sorts, mostly while trying to answer questions on the forum here!

Question: do we know what Liam will be working on? I’ve seen Liam’s name on lots of contributions to plugins on github, both Liam’s and others’.

PS: I don’t have discord, which is a choice of mine that the newsletter certainly doesn’t have to accommodate, but just FYI @EleanorKonik that none of the discord links in the newsletter, even just to pictures, work for people who don’t have a discord account. I think there may be a way to copy a link directly to a picture, rather than the post, that gets around this when sharing just a picture, but not sure. Again, feel free to ignore and thanks for all your hard work on the newsletter and your insights on research and writing!

1 Like

I don’t normally share links to just pictures (in fact I don’t see pictures when I’m writing it, I have a script that puts everything from certain channels into raw text that doesn’t have duplicated content which makes it easier to write the Roundu), but I do try to make sure it’s obvious which links are to Discord so people who don’t use it don’t click, and if there’s an alternative to Discord (i.e. I could have linked to a blog post) I try to use that :slight_smile:

1 Like

As far as I know, he’s been working on stuff with Licat; he was the one who posted the release notes for 0.15.0 or 0.15.1 in Discord, and they said he helped with some of those changes.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s Saturday Obsidian Roundup Day- Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Popping out Plugins & Calendar Imports

Obsidian reached the 600 plugin mark, there are some new references for vim users, and improved integration with Notion.

*Attention New Users: This is a great way to learn what’s happening in the World of Obsidian!

To Read: 🌠 Popping out Plugins & Calendar Imports

Obsidian Roundup Collection of Resources: Resources

Subscribe: https://obsidianroundup.org

Read Archives: Blog

RSS Feed: //obsidianroundup.org/blog/rss/

Published by: @EleanorKonik (The Obsidian Roundup is so helpful to the community. Thanks, Eleanor!)

Comment and tell @EleanorKonik what you enjoy most about the Roundup!

Question: What Obsidian plugins did you use this week?

2 Likes

I mostly used Natural Language Dates :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Other than calendar, which I use all day long, I played around a bunch with the ReadIt Later plugin last week. Not sure if it’ll replace my bookmark manager, but it’s interesting for now.

3 Likes

It’s Saturday Obsidian Roundup Day- Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: “Bionic Reading,” Improved Popout Windows, & Better Databases

Showcases from game developers, roleplaying game players, and daily note takers. Plus a guide for when to use tags, folders and links.

*Attention New Users: This is a great way to learn what’s happening in the World of Obsidian!

To Read: 🌠 "Bionic Reading," Improved Popout Windows, & Better Databases

Published by: @EleanorKonik (The Obsidian Roundup is so helpful to the community. Thanks, Eleanor!)

Question: What is your favorite “new or new to you” Obsidian plugin?

3 Likes

Thanks for the roundup …its very useful.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s Saturday! Obsidian Roundup Day - Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Dashboards & Tips for Students, Studying & Sales

Discussions about quick capture methods, including inboxes, daily notes, and logs. Methods for copying shell commands, and metadata manipulation plugins.

To Read: 🌠 Dashboards & Tips for Students, Studying & Sales

Question: What project is Obsidian helping you conquer?

1 Like

Thanks, Eleanor for Obsidian Roundup - Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Roadmap updates, OCR & Podcast notes

There were so many new guides and showcases I had to group them by topic: daily notes, dashboards, academic uses, links vs. folders, etc.

To Read: 🌠 Roadmap updates, OCR & Podcast notes

Question: What project is Obsidian helping you conquer?

3 Likes

:stars: Boolean Task Queries & Improved Sidebar Controls

Plugin settings design tips & productivity book recommendations.

To Read: 🌠 Boolean Task Queries & Improved Sidebar Controls

Question: What is your favorite Obsidian plugin?

1 Like

I still really rely on Fantasy Calendar more than anything :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Recent files …yeah. can’t do without it

3 Likes

Woohoo It’s Saturday! Obsidian Roundup Day - Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Obsidian Shirts, Grouped Tasks & 1-min Guides

New ways to group tasks, customizable spaced repetition buttons, & default theme discussions.

To Read: 🌠 Obsidian Shirts, Grouped Tasks & 1-min Guides

Question: How many people have you told about Obsidian?

oh my goodness so many :joy:

2 Likes

Obsidian Roundup Day - Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Quick Share & a new Minimalist Theme

Group snippets for one-click activation, compare tags and folders, & improve your inline metadata.

To Read: 🌠 Quick Share & a new Minimalist Theme

Question: How did you use Obsidian this week?

2 Likes

I used obsidian for lesson planning and to keep track of what I’m going to do for each unit of world history next month.

3 Likes

What is your favorite Obsidian feature? Obsidian Roundup - Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Dataview to Mermaid & PDF conversions

Sync highlights and annotations from Raindrop & execute codeblocks interactively, a la Jupyter.

To Read: 🌠 Dataview to Mermaid & PDF conversions

Question: What is your favorite Obsidian feature?

What is your favorite Obsidian Plugin? Obsidian Roundup - Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Mobile Git Backups & a Hotkey Keyboard Map

A new tool for diffing PDFs, a new method for managing RPG campaigns, and guides for using Obsidian with Devonthink or Dendron.

To Read: 🌠 Mobile Git Backups & a Hotkey Keyboard Map

Question: What is your favorite Obsidian Plugin? Yes, you can have more than one favorite!
; - )

I finally got around to installing Commander and it’s so useful!

1 Like