Obsidian Roundup - weekly newsletter for tips, news & resources

I’m still in love with hover editor, can’t live without it now.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s Saturday! Obsidian Roundup Day! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Plugin Collaboration, Community Events, & Solving Mysteries

Create a mood tracker using custom checkboxes & learn how to use Obsidian like a pro writer.

*Attention New Users: this is a great way to learn what’s happening in the World of Obsidian!

To Read: 🌠 Plugin Collaboration, Community Events, & Solving Mysteries

Obsidian Roundup Collection of Resources: Resources

Subscribe: https://obsidianroundup.org

Read Archives: Blog

RSS Feed: //obsidianroundup.org/blog/rss/

Published by: @EleanorKonik (The Obsidian Roundup is so helpful to the community. Thanks, Eleanor!)

Comment and tell @EleanorKonik what you enjoy most about the Roundup!

Question: What is your favorite Obsidian Plugin – this week!?

Saturday = Obsidian Roundup Day! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Drag & Drop Blocks and Create Notionesque Tables

There are some powerful new Publish alternatives & academic workflow guides.

*Attention New Users: this is a great way to learn what’s happening in the World of Obsidian!

To Read: 🌠 Drag & Drop Blocks and Create Notionesque Tables

Published by: @EleanorKonik (The Obsidian Roundup is so helpful to the community. Thanks, Eleanor!)

Question: What is your favorite Obsidian Plugin – this week!?

1 Like

I finally started utilizing QuickAdd the way it’s meant to be used and have been using it to quickly log information to a central file and I’m liking it a lot more than plugging information under headers in a daily note.

1 Like

Other than spending waaay too much time tweaking the Zotero Desktop Connector to import the way I want, the plugin I love the most right now is the pate-image-rename plugin. It comes at the perfect time for me, as I’m restructuring some of my past self using zettel-esque organization.

I’ve recently done some work adding dark/light toggles to websites, so I can appreciate the time it takes to overhaul a theme to make those work. Nicely done, and it looks great!

2 Likes

It’s Saturday aka Obsidian Roundup Day! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Obsidian Publish Improvements & Task Management Tips

Resources for using notes (not just making them), learning about memory, & handling tags.

*Attention New Users: This is a great way to learn what’s happening in the World of Obsidian!

To Read: 🌠 Obsidian Publish Improvements & Task Management Tips

Question: What did you learn this week about Obsidian?

This one is new to me. I will try it out. Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Admittedly, I have to work with this one. I like it, I use it, but I need to be using it more!

The entire Roundup is “what Eleanor learned about Obsidian this week” :sweat_smile: but Liam’s CSS for Minimal callouts was something I had specifically asked for :eyes:

1 Like

It’s Saturday aka Obsidian Roundup Day! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Improved Content Importation & Search

Many plugins got added to the community store & there were a bunch of discussions about Obsidian for academic uses.

*Attention New Users: This is a great way to learn what’s happening in the World of Obsidian!

To Read: 🌠 Improved Content Importation & Search

Question: What new plugin are you using this week?

2 Likes

I need to check it out…thanks

1 Like

It’s here! Obsidian Roundup - Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Database Plugins and More New Themes

Eleanor’s out sick, but will hopefully be feeling better by the Linking Your Thinking Conference later this month :eyes:

To Read: 🌠 Database Plugins and More New Themes

Question: How did you use Obsidian this week?

I mostly didn’t because I was super sick :sweat_smile:

Obsidian Roundup - Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Conference Announcements & Collaborative Sync

Improved YouTube notetaking experience, better search, upcoming courses, & a theme that is actually a minigame.

To Read: 🌠 Conference Announcements & Collaborative Sync

Question: Wow, look at all the stuff in Obsidian Roundup this week. What do you plan to try?

Woohoo It’s Saturday Obsidian Roundup Day- Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Database Discussions & Improved Search Options

Leverage markdown’s semantic line break features with help from a new plugin, or check out the new guide for using Zotero6 with Obsidian.

To Read: 🌠 Database Discussions & Improved Search Options

Question: What is your favorite plugin, this week?

My vault refactor gave me a new-found appreciation for the “Show Current File Path” plugin. I hadn’t realized how much I relied on it until I went with Safe Mode for 10 days!

1 Like

Woohoo It’s Saturday Obsidian Roundup Day- Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: API changes & new public vaults

A big release with improved collaboration, Sync, and sharing. Customize kindle imports, fancy databases, and improvements for task management.

To Read: 🌠API changes & new public vaults

Question: What is your favorite plugin, this week?

2 Likes

heyyyy welcome back!

1 Like

It’s Saturday Obsidian Roundup Day- Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online, or Subscribe!

:stars: Breaking Changes & Dataview API Upgrades

Multiple windows is now a core feature, allowing for improved dual monitor use of Obsidian. There’s also a great new beginner’s guide to Dataview.

To Read: 🌠 Breaking Changes & Dataview API Upgrades

Question: What did you accomplish this week with Obsidian?

2 Likes

I’ve been using one big “log file” to do the workbook process for Story Genius and it’s been going really well!

2 Likes