Obsidian Publish alternatives

My apologies, I must have selected the wrong category. Thanks for shifting it!

2 Likes

No problem

I’m adding the (old) reply from Carl in the Discord server, which was based generously on @EleanorKonik’s roundup:

If you’re interested in a self-hosted/homebrewed version, there are a few options out there. Keep in mind that they might need some setup e.g. due to (lack of) compatibility with wikilinks. Here’s a small summary from the Obsidian Roundup:

For a longer description, check out these two roundups:

3 Likes

I have a simple view on this:
Taking things is wrong, in the same way as doing things to people is wrong. There should always be active consent.

Hello !
I created Obsidian2Mkdocs, a free publish alternative, using a python script and mkdocs. Check this out because there is so much on it!

4 Likes

Hey guys,

I’ve made yet another Obisidian Publish Alternative (Using NextJS framework.) but more toward Obsidian Publish style:

• Obisidian Wiki Link style
  • Folder/File Navigation Side Bar

I’d love to hear more feedback too improve it.

Thanks.

4 Likes

I’ve created a tool to do this - Gatsby Garden

Features…

• Support for wiki links - [[Note Name]]
  • Graph visualization of linkages between notes
  • Backlinks listed
  • Tagging supported
  • Preview linked notes by hovering on the link
  • Sitemap, RSS Feed, Home Page generated automatically
1 Like

People who want a no-brainer but elegant solution can check obsidian-zola out too! Add one file to your Obsidian Vault and you are set to go! Knowledge graph, Wikilinks, LaTEX, Google Analytics etc. are supported.

4 Likes

https://mindstone.tuancao.me/ via https://twitter.com/tuancm/status/1516688707516268546

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @EleanorKonik !

I made a post regarding MindStone here as well in case people want to discuss more and give me feedback on how to improve it.

1 Like

Wanted to give a shoutout to @dwrolvink. He also has a very nice Obsidian Publish alternative. Here is the GitHub: GitHub - obsidian-html/obsidian-html: Python code to convert Obsidian notes to proper markdown and optionally to create an html site too.

Graph view can be in 2d or 3d based on Note-Graph
Search is FlexSearch

Overall pretty easy to use, and he’s improving it everyday (also very responsive if there are issues)

2 Likes

Hey,

if I’m right, on github everything is not only public but ready to be copied. Are there alternatives to Obsidian Publish which work without it?
I like the idea of publishing my vault but I would like to have it published only on the static website I`d create, not also on github.

So far I have the impression, that something like that exists, but that it is more difficult for non-techies.

Glad about any advice.
C

Hello ! You could use private repo for that

1 Like

As mara li mentioned, u can have private repo with free account. Here’s one way to publish vault with private github repo.

1 Like

I’ve been working on this one, and just made a thread for it:

It’s an alternative to a “digital garden”, for those times you just want to share a single link.

The main points of difference:

:small_blue_diamond: Uploads using your live theme, along with all your options and custom CSS.

:small_blue_diamond: Local and remote image support.

:small_blue_diamond: Supports anything that Obsidian Reading mode does, like rendered Dataview queries or any plugins that show content inside the normal Reading view.

:small_blue_diamond: Supports callouts with full styling.

4 Likes

Obsidian Share is now updated so you don’t even need your own hosting. You can start sharing files immediately with no setup required other than copy/pasting a Templater script.

Follow the Installation with Templater section in the setup guide.

3 Likes
2 Likes

https://flowershow.app/ is a free and open source alternative to obsidian publish. It supports wikilinks etc.

7 Likes

It looks like only eleventy, perlite, and flowershow.app are actively maintained. Are there any others that belong on a more current list?

And of course Obsidian Publish.

There’s an early comment that lists more, including Quartz which is maintained. Obsidian Publish alternatives - #7 by argentum

1 Like