New plugin: remotely-save

may i ask want version and operating system of remotely save are you using?

The old android version of remotely save indeed had some bugs that may alter the contents. Could you please update to the latest version and try again (but please use a test vault firstly)? Thank you so much!

Hi all,

two new versions 0.3.20 and 0.3.21 of remotely-save:

1. fix s3 request expired problem

2. fix s3 cache request problem

3. insert dry run into plan records

4. auto focus on password input after hiding or showing

5. allow sync after 1 second after app start up

more info on GitHub - remotely-save/remotely-save

2 Likes

Thank you so much
Is there a video I can follow to use this plugin to sync between ipad and android phone?
I donā€™t understand easily and would love a video step by step if possible

Hi, the video is not yet available.

But here are the screenshots for using the plugin with dropbox: remotely-save/docs/dropbox_review_material at master Ā· remotely-save/remotely-save Ā· GitHub

1 Like

Thanks a lot :smiley::smiley::smiley:

release note for the new version 0.3.22:

allow bypassing large files

I followed the instructions and connected successfully. But when i click to sync, at last sync stage
This message appears: too many errors, stop running tasks
The folders are synced but the files are not, though the files are uploaded on onedrive.
Tried on Dropbox and same happens

1 Like

besides ā€œtoo many errorsā€ there should be some informative hints for what specific errors to each file, would you like to check those please?

There are alot of them, i only managed to read the last message after trying a couple of times since the error messages disappear so quickly and I am not a native speaker so I take time to read.
I tried syncing again to try and read some other messages, but it worked and the messages didnā€™t appear :smiley:
I donā€™t know what happened or changed to make it works. Hope it doesnā€™t do this again.
Thank you so much for the great plugin. I am able to sync between my ipad and android phone. So happy :blush:

Ok. But to avoid any bad things, itā€™s strongly advised to make a full backup of the vault elsewhere before continue using this plugin. If you have any further issues, feel free to post them in Issues Ā· remotely-save/remotely-save Ā· GitHub .

1 Like

OK, after setting this aside for a few months, I tackled it again. But really, ā€œtackledā€ is not the right word - it worked seamlessly on my Linux desktop when I installed the latest plugin version and went thru a simple set it up! I can now back up my Obsidian notes to my Synology NAS.

Next - see if I can access my notes from my iPad. Same process - updated to latest version, ran thru the simple setup, checked the webdav connection, hit the refresh button, and it Immediately started syncing!

This is a great plugin that I will use every day, thanks for doing this.

This is a potentially great plugin - but at least on Webdav and perhaps other brokers as well does not maintain file date stamps (and therefore resolves conflicts on occasion by overwriting new files by very old versions). File dates on the broker are the synchronisation date. See discussion here as to how this arises:

Sorry for replying late. I want to say thank you so much. This plug-in saved me. It now works beautifully without any problems connecting my android to my ipad.
All my study notes are on both. Canā€™t thank you enough

Is there a way to utilize a private git rep to sync this?

It would be nice as then we can utilize some of the GIT features and logic based on it.

Iā€™ve been playing with this with webdav on my Synology NAS, and it seems to work great!

My lingering concern is wondering about security. Theoretically a rogue plugin could access my webdav credentials, right?

Iā€™ve been using the plugin for a while and so far Iā€™m satisfied.
Even if you often have to reinstall it after an update.
I do my sync via webdav to a nextcloud instance. I wanted to introduce the 2 Auth method with this one.
How can I implement this in this plugin?

Hi fyears,
I met a sync error to JianGuoYun webdav server with remotely-save on my iphone.
Enverionment: ios15.7
obsidian version: 1.3.1 (67) API v0.15.9
remotely-save version: 0.3.25
Checking the connection to the server is pass.
But got an error message as following when sync manually:
Request failed, status 503

1 Like

have somebody tried it with nextcloud ?

Yes, itā€™s working flawlessly so far.

1 Like

Hi! I really like this plugin. Been using it with Dropbox. Please add support for Icedrive in a future release.