Mobile PDF Export

I can attest to the Android apps. Markor works fine but if you’re using a style sheet, Ai may do that, though I’ve only really installed and forgot I had it. If you use Termux, you could use pandoc, which also does other markup languages and DOCx, DOC, and other extensions.

Can I use Pandoc on an iPad?

1 Like

Hi thanks for the suggestions, are there any free apps that would work on iOS (specifically iPad)? I note iA Writer is $79.99 AUD. Thanks

1Writer is much more reasonably priced, though it’s not free. I haven’t found an iOS open-source equivalent of Markor on Android. You could, however, temporarily import a note into the free version of Drafts or Bear (which use markdown but store notes in a database) and print from there.

Can you print to PDF using Android’s Print to PDF function? Share note - Print. I had some trouble doing it - I had to do Share - Android Share - Print, and it failed, but I’m using GrapheneOS so it might just be my operating system. Give it a try.

Alternatively, find your note in a File Explorer app on your phone, and share to print to PDF from there.

Well that’s certainly not true

There is a need for Export to PDF options for mobile version also.

6 Likes

What do Sync and Publish have to do with exporting a PDF or printing from the mobile app?

I want to sugest about the sharing option. It would be possible to implement an share as pdf function? I know that it may be hard because of the structure of markdown, but it will help a lot when i want to share notes with my friends or just print them…

1 Like

+1 Shocked this still isn’t available.

1 Like

+1 for this. Sharing notes with someone else is not ideal when it’s in md and no media included. A PDF export would be amazing.

+1 this feature. Unfortunately not having this feature severely limits the functionality of iOS especially for people trying to print their notes.

Use case or problem

Need to be able to quickly create a new note/document on iOS

Proposed solution

Use of iOS long-press shortcuts to open up a new note in Obsidian

Current workaround (optional)

None

Related feature requests (optional)

None I can find.

6 Likes

+1 to this. Would be really helpful to me as well when creating quick notes.

+1 to this

+1 to this. This is the main reason I still use Apple Notes sometimes, or try apps like Drafts or Quick Capture. Would be great to capture quick notes directly in our favourite app :blush:

If you are using iCloud to sync your vault, something like this can be done with iOS Shortcuts.

What I do is use a shortcut to type or dictate (separate shortcuts) to append text to an existing file (Quick Notes.md) in my iCloud vault. The shortcut doesn’t open the Obsidian app, it just provides an input box to type or dictate your note.

I like to have all my little snippets collected in a single note, for more convenient processing later. But I imagine you could set up a shortcut to create a new MD file for each entry you create.

This would be immensely useful. I’d also love something similar once I’m already in the all where I don’t need to think of a filename before creating a new blank page.

Heads-up: I’m working on this with Actions for Obsidian. macOS beta is currently ongoing, iOS beta will follow after the macOS version has been released.

4 Likes

+1, don’t forget about us Android users, please

2 Likes

+1. This is a critically important feature. This is really hamstringing people, and is a huge roadblock to a smooth workflow.

4 Likes