Minimal Theme

Minimal Theme 2.5 is here! Please update both the theme and plugin.

Three new settings are available in the plugin:

• Relationship lines in Preview
  • Relationship lines in Editor
  • Folding offset, which aligns text correctly when folding is turned on

You can support my work at https://www.patreon.com/kepano

5 Likes

Could File explorer hover display effect without always click folding sidebar icon ?

@kepano Do you plan to implement translucency (as a setting)?

Awesome theme! Thank you.

1 Like

Amazing theme! :blush: So happy I got this up and runningā€¦

1 Like

No. I donā€™t plan to implement transparency for now. The reason is that it introduces significant performance drawbacks and battery life issues.

Small issue with tags that are ā€œmisspelledā€. Take the following:

If you turn on spellcheck and thereā€™s a red squiggle under something that the app thinks is ā€œmisspelledā€, it breaks the way tags look in the UI (which also makes the tag a bit difficult to edit, since it seems to show spaces where there arenā€™t any).

Note: both of the above tags are valid, as far as Obsidian is concerned (they show up in the tags view)

I know I can fix this by just adding the word to the dictionary, but itā€™s come up often enough while typing to be slightly annoying, especially when youā€™re in the midst of typing a tag and itā€™s incorrectly spelled right now but youā€™ll be fixing it shortly or just simply havenā€™t finished typing yet.

Hi and thanks for this great theme!

Iā€™m having a weird render issue with the ā€œwarningā€ emoji which displays differently than the rest, as a symbol and not a color emoji. Is there some formatting I would need to add? Iā€™m on macOS.

Capture dā€™eĢcran 2020-12-30 aĢ€ 13.51.16

Issue with the new nested tag icon (It disappears when hovering over the icon), or get the same color as the background.

Running v0.10.2

@macintacos The issue with spell check on nested tags needs to be reported separately as an Obsidian bug. This is not an issue with the theme per se, but how Obsidian identifies what is the ā€œendā€ of a tag. Unfortunately there isnā€™t a way to solve this in the theme.

@anon41901724 This is an issue with the rendering engine. AFAIK I know the only way to solve this is to use a different font that doesnā€™t have glyphs for those specific characters. E.g. try using the ā€œInterā€ font maybe? See Stack Overflow and this post.

@DitchComfort This is fixed if you grab the latest update

2 Likes

I have the latest update :slight_smile:

Btw: Can you tell me where I can change the text size for the h1, h2, etc. in your css file? Or what field I changeā€¦

Thank you, will look into this. :slight_smile:

The best way to do this is to add your own CSS snippet to override the values in the theme. That way updates to the theme wonā€™t revert your changes. If you open the theme file there is a table of contents that will guide you to the right section for headings.

At the time of writing HTML , I got this. HTML tags are behaving like the normal tags.
Screenshot_31_12_2_2020
Screenshot_31_12_1_2020

This is fixed if you update to the latest version.

2 Likes

Is there supposed to be a Scroll Bar in the Back Links (Linked/Unlinked Mentions) pane when visible in the Minimal theme?

Scroll bar visibility is controlled by the Hider plugin. Scroll bars are visible by default but you can turn them off in Hider.

Minimal Theme 2.5.2 is out addressing changes to nested elements in the tags, backlinks and outline introduced in Obsidian 0.10.5.

You can support my work on Patreon

Not for the Backlinks pane? (See screen grab in previous post). There is no scroll bar in that Pane, with or without the toggle option selected in Hider.

Also, can you add an option to reduce the font in this panel? If one uses date/time followed by alpha description in Note Title it runs out of the Panel.