Minimal Theme

I am not able to replicate the issue, I do see a scroll bar on my end.

Regarding the font size, this is better handled using a snippet. You can create a CSS snippet to change font size, or you can also use this code if you want to turn off the trimming and allow the entire title to wrap:

.nav-file-title-content,
.search-result-file-title {
    text-overflow:unset;
    white-space:normal;
}

I am seeing a small issue at rendering in Preview mode. When I make a list title a heading (via #) the bullet and the title misalign in preview mode. See screenshots.

I do not have any snippets running. Minimal Theme Settings plugin is up and running.

Editor mode no headings

Preview mode no headings
Editor mode with headings
Preview mode no headings

This is fixed if you grab the latest update. My quick fix makes headings inline, i.e. they don’t wrap to a new line if you are using multiple paragraphs on a single bullet. Is that an issue for your usage?

I don’t think I’ll be using multiple paragraphs on single bullets, so that should be okay. However, I just downloaded the 2.5.0 css from your GitHub and checked for plugin updates and still see the misalignment happening. I’m on MacOS 10.15.7, Obsidian v0.10.6.

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 8.58.15 PM

Sorry, I assumed you were installing via the Community Themes. The latest release is 2.5.2 try updating again.

Gotcha! Just did, and the issue has been fixed. Thank you so much!

FWIW!

Ah! I didn’t test with the backlinks not in the sidebar! Cool :slight_smile:

All’s well that ends well…I had that in one of my Zettels. :wink:

The PDF export doesn’t work :frowning:
(PS: I would file this on GitHub - but the repo doesn’t have issues enabled)

If I switch back to default theme all is good:

Is there a way to set the editor font size independently / is it planned to add this option to the plugin?
My use case: the characters in the editor look bigger than the characters in preview.

That’s probably related to your choice of fonts, I am guessing your editor font has a taller x-height which makes it look larger optically. Adding this setting seems confusing to users since most fonts will not be noticeably different. This is not high on my priority list so I recommend changing this via a CSS snippet.

Are there any plans to add these features to the settings plugin?

• Bold and italics accent color
  • Heading sizes/color

Huge fan of both the Minimal theme and settings, although I would like to be able to experiment with these two aspects without mucking around in the CSS.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this happens only to me.

• minimal 2.5.2
  • minimal theme setting 2.5.0
  • hider 1.0.5
  1. Setting up the theme as “Light Mode”, minimal theme,
  2. From the preview pane of any note, “Export to pdf”…

Then,
“Light mode” theme changes to “Dark mode”.

When I checked the configuration, “Light mode” is still selected.
If I restart Obsidian, then “Light mode” theme is recoverd.

If you need more infomation about my setting, please let me know.

Sounds like you have “system theme” turned on — you should turn that off if you don’t want to automatically use the OS-level setting.

I am considering it, however my biggest concern is making the settings pane difficult to navigate because it will get very long. Looking into what solutions I can come up with.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

I checked “use system-level setting for light or dark mode”.
It’s been Off. The button is on the left.

If you can’t reproduce the problem, it might be the problem specific to my PC. :cry:

You’re not alone. I experience the same issues. Obsidian changes from “Light Mode” to “Dark Mode” despite all the options disabled. And this only accured after installing the minimal theme setting and hider plugins.
I need to restart Obsidian that “Light Mode” is recovered.

You’re right.

It seems that the problem is related to "minimal theme setting’.
Enabling hider plugins doesn’t cause this problem.

I’ll look into this, thank you for reporting the issue!

1 Like