Minimal Theme

Can you turn off “Relationship lines in preview” in Minimal Theme Settings and let me know if this bug still occurs?

Still there :frowning_face: I tried turning the setting also in edit mode but it didn’t work either.

I am not able to reproduce this. Does this only happen when Sliding Panes is on (i.e. not with regular panes)? Have you tried disabling all plugins except Sliding Panes?

I identified the culprit. The “Focus Mode” plugin bring this behavior into Preview Mode. Interestingly, it continues to happen only in Minimal and Ying and Yang. ITS and Vanilla Obsidian behave normally besides the presence of the plugin. Thanks for looking into this!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if and how it’s possible to use the “Minimal” menu size with other themes?
I really like that the menu is a lot bigger and I find it easier to navigate that way, just curious if I could use this as a code snippet in other contexts/themes?

You’ll need to dig into the code and rip out the pieces that you want.

The section called /* Minimal settings */ should give you something useful to start with: obsidian-minimal/obsidian.css at master · kepano/obsidian-minimal · GitHub

Alternatively you could go the other direction and modify the Minimal color scheme to match the look you want. e.g. something like Dracula Skin Snippet for @kepano’s Minimal Theme or Share your Minimal Theme screenshots/configuration

1 Like

Thanks, the Dracula thing looks cool, I’ll try that one out :slight_smile:

Folding button (triangle) disappears when section is unfolded (macOS, iOS, latest Obsidian insider build and the latest Minimal):

Снимок экрана 2021-08-20 в 16.08.10

Is this a bug or a feature? :wink:

It’s a feature! Minimal is minimal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,
Great theme!

H3 header in display mode is not bold. How can I make it bold?

The CSS variable you’re looking for is --h3-weight you can modify it via a snippet or using the Style Settings plugin

@kepano, thank you.

I love this theme @kepano! My only wish there were still back/forward arrows when selecting the ‘Hide title bar’ option in Hider. Ideally they’d be to the left of file explorer, search, and starred as in this mockup (admittedly, window traffic lights won’t be vertically aligned like proper MacOS apps until Obsidian itself changes).

Any chance the back/forward arrows could be re-introduced?

Forgive me if this has been brought up already, but this is a long thread. :slight_smile:

On iPhone the first tag (in this note #markdown) in a line has it’s formatting a bit weird in edit mode. Preview mode is fine. iPad and macOS look fine in both edit and preview mode. Not a huge issue but just noticed it.

This happens for every note in edit mode but only the first tag.

iPhone active plugins:
minimal theme settings
kanban
templater

Anyway, great theme! Thanks much @kepano!

edit: i removed all community plugins and re-downloaded the minimal theme on iPhone and it was fixed. I then installed minimal theme settings and it was broken again.
¯ \ (ツ)

1 Like

Can you be more specific — I am not seeing what you’re referring to in the screenshot.

1 Like

I agree this would look nice and more similar to other Mac apps. I originally tried building it that way but achieving that look would cause problems for some users who have more icons in that top left sidebar pane. You can definitely do this as a snippet though. Alternatively you can use the CMD ← and CMD → hotkeys.

The border round the # is slightly elevated. I also get this misalignment - but I have loads of snippets interfering with all sorts :slight_smile:

@kepano Sorry I wasn’t clear where the issue is. The pill shape around the #markdown tag is mis-aligned on the left side.

Got it. I see it now — I was on my phone at the time and the screenshot got squished down :sweat_smile:

Minimal is wonderful; thank you for making it and keeping it current with Obsidian.

I even use Minimal.css as my ‘markdown style sheet’ in DEVONthink. For anyone interested in doing this, I point DEVONthink > Preferences > Files > Markdown > Style Sheet to [vault]/.obsidian/themes/Minimal.css.

4 Likes