Steps to reproduce
- Backlink to the active page by clicking “Link” in the Backlinks-Sidepanel
- On some occasions it happens, sometimes it doesn’t
- It should just simply link the page name like normal
- Sometimes it moves the linking-portion a couple characters infront, creating a garbled character-mess
- In this example, I am in the page called “CRP”, but when clicking on “Link” in the sidebar it didn’t place the backlink on the characters “CRP” in the other page, but instead a couple letters infront
- Operating system: Windows 10
- Obsidian version: v0.12.3
This is a really annoying issue, as I regularly end up having to fix the garbled mess by hand. Any help is greatly appreciated!
I am not sure I understand you problem. I can’t repro it.
Can you post some reproduceble steps with actual text that couses this?
It is inconsistent unfortunately. Sometimes it works just fine, then when I try the same linking again it acts like described.
I tried disabling all plugins, snippets and themes, removed my .obsidian folder and even reinstalled Obsidian alltogether. That did not fix it, unfortunately. Any ideas?
Trying to describe my steps a bit better:
- I have a page called “Untersuchung”. Another page, let’s call it “Page B” has the word “Untersuchung” in it and I want to link back to the Untersuchung-Page from the backlinks-sidebar (by clicking on the link-button)
Expected behaviour: Orientierende [[Untersuchung]]
Actual behaviour: Orientierende[[Untersuchung|nde Untersuchung]]chung
This happens about every tenth time, I try this. I have a feeling, it happens more frequently, when I backlink a lot in a row.
Ok, I understand your problem. Unfortunately, I have tried some variations and I couldn’t repro.
If you find reproducible steps, especially something that can be reproduced in the help vault, please let me know.
Just want to add that I have experienced this exact bug as well. I also tried to figure out a reliable way to reproduce it and failed to do so. Since I’m on a Mac and the OP is using Windows, it’s doubtful this is an OS/platform bug. I haven’t seen this one for a while but since I’m pretty focused on these data loss bugs these days and seem to be quite “lucky” to hit all of these edge cases, I will try again to repro it.
We strongly recommend you to search the forum with possible keywords before submitting a new bug report. Please also try your repro steps with third-party plugins and custom CSS disabled and see if it’s still reproducible. If it’s an issue with third-party plugins or themes, try contacting the author for help. Once you’ve done the above, delete this line.
Steps to reproduce
I clicked to “link this file” under the outgoing link tab.
I expected it to link the word in the present file to the proper link.
The words were jumbled up and the link was created where the cursor was?
- Operating system: Windows10
- Obsidian version: 12.5
If you are willing to share, could you DM me or @Licat on discord
Knox_Mathew_1.md so we can reproduce this problem?
Sure, it seems random though. If I “undo” and click it again it will be normal.