cursor stays in the active pane

Actual result

cursor jumps

Environment

• Operating system: macOS 11.6
  • Obsidian version: 0.12.19
  • Installer version: 0.12.19

Video

I can’t reproduce this personally, but I’m on macOS 11.5.2 so there is a chance that is the variable.

I wonder, can you think of any keyboard/snippet/hotkey type apps you have installed? Anything that might commandeer your keyboard in any way?

Also, what installer version of Obsidian are you on? If you’re still on an old installer, it might be worth installing fresh from the website.

Edit: I was able to reproduce this now… I’m not sure why. I tried typing what you typed, and adding <enter> which is an opening tag, made some weird side effects, like the white space in front of each line, like in your video. And now my links aren’t auto-completing either sometimes, but when it did, it jumped to the other viewport.

I can’t reliably reproduce it. It’s weird.

I updated my OP. Installer version is also 0.12.19

Possibly related: Linking an unlinked mention has destructive behavior (introduces spurious text as alias)

Only suggesting because it seems that there is unpredictable behavior when “inside” a [[... tag.

I can repro a similar problem. I don’t believe it’s connected to the other bug.

Will be fixed in 0.12.20

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.