Link pop-up preview

When hovering over a link in preview mode (or with Ctrl held in edit mode) we get a small preview pop-up of the page linked to. It seems this preview currently shows the first six lines of the linked-to file.

Is it possible to increase or decrease the number of lines shown?

1 Like

As far as I know you can’t, a feature request has been made that could probably help you with that, at least for the cases when you want to see more.
If this wouldn’t help, you should probably make a feature request (I couldn’t find one related to what you mentioned but I might have missed it so do check first).

Thanks @Meins - I was hoping for a CSS fix… but I have appended a supplemental request to the ‘feature request’ you linked to. Cheers

Oh sorry I didn’t understood it that way.
I still don’t know how to do it and I don’t think I’ve seen anyone post anything related to that, but my knowledge of CSS is very limited so I can’t really say if it’s doable :sweat_smile:

It’s not 6 lines but rather a fixed height.

You can change it by doing:

.popover.hover-popover {
    max-height: 400px;
}
1 Like

Oh awesome thanks!

Thanks @Silver, it took me a while to get it working like I wanted it (so that the hover enabled me to see a whole month in my calendar thingy). Changing the max-height thing didn’t do it on the Calendar, but did on most other popovers. In the end what did the trick was putting another, lower level heading in the original ‘Calendar’ document - as a kind of delimiter for the popover range.