How to fix iCloud Drive for Windows creating duplicate files!

This has been discussed a bit on this forum:

These threads are locked, so I’m creating a new one.

I finally found the solution! Use Autosave Control - Obsidian Plugin and set your settings to throttle saves:

By default Obsidian saves every two seconds or so. This causes duplicates on iCloud if it saves again while it’s already trying to save. This plugin allows you to fix this.

TBH Obsidian’s default behavior should be buffering saves to make it more cloud-sync friendly. A save every two seconds sustained while writing can cause duplicates on both iCloud Drive and Google Drive (Dropbox is competent enough to handle this).

Since you aren’t asking for help, could you please repost this in Share & showcase and delete this thread? Thanks! (I would just move it for you, but Share & showcase has a template that needs to be followed.)

I looked at “Share & Showcase” but this very simple post didn’t seem to deserve its own thread. I didn’t make anything. I’m just using a plugin to solve the iCloud problem.

Could you maybe please add it as a reply on Obsidian connected to iCloud on PC creates duplicate files (like a lot) - #17 by dbrwn so people looking there can find it? I wanted to simply reply but it was locked.

If not, no worries I’ll just delete.