Help vault always opens first on Obsidian startup

Steps to reproduce

1. Shutdown Obsidian with personal vault and help vault open. Personal vault was last one opened.
  2. Quit Obsidian
  3. Start Obsidian

Expected result

Personal vault should open since it is last one opened.

Actual result

Only the help vault opens.

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 Beta
  • Obsidian version: 0.7.4 and 0.7.5

Additional information

Same behavior reported by two other people. Waiting to hear what OS they are on.

Can’t repro on macOS 10.15.5 and Obsidian v0.7.6

Interesting. Still happening for me on macOS 10.15.8 and Obsidian 8.2. I’ve just gotten accustomed to it now. :slightly_smiling_face:

Update: Stopped happening somewhere around Obsidian 0.9.x

I use two separate vaults (“work” and “other”) and when I close and open Obsidian again only one vault is opened. It would be very nice if when restarting Obsidian would open the two vaults that I was using.

Not exactly the same but for example Visual Studio Code allows you to have two projects open and when you close VSCode and open it again all the projects are restored.

Any updates on this? /cc @WhiteNoise

@sanbor you should ask these questions in the help section of the forum.

Obsidian opens the last opened vault.
Since we introduced URI support, you can create shortcuts to specifically open the vault you want.

create a shortcut to obsidian://vault/work/ to open the work vault

Thanks for the tip @WhiteNoise. I thought Obsidian being able to open all vaults you previously have open would be a solution to the original bug reported. I personally would like this feature. Next time I’ll start in the help section.

Worth putting in a feature request?
(Assuming there isn’t one already.)