Er, how do you close a vault?

Newbie here… I can’t find anywhere in the help vault or forums how to close a vault? I tried using the Vault open option and then X’ing the vault in question but it says it cannot close open vaults lol.

Thanks for a nudge in the right direction!

Ray

What are you trying to accomplish by closing a vault?

If you have more than one vault open, you can just close the window. After you close the last vault, you will have closed the app. When the app re-opens it will open with the last vault you closed.

I have more than one vault open and only want one open at the moment rather than multiples.

How do you close a vault window, more precisely? I closed all the open panes but it still shows as open in the vault file opener and says it cannot close it.

Also whenever I load Obsidan it keeps loading the help vault as the primary even though I’ve switched to my own vault before quitting.

Thanks,
Ray

1 Like

You would close the vault window like any other app in your operating system. Click the “X” top-right or use your OS keyboard shortcut.

Hmm, this was reported, but should have been fixed https://forum.obsidian.md/t/help-vault-always-opens-first-on-obsidian-startup/2711

1 Like

Ahhh I figured it out – it wasn’t exactly obvious to be because it looked like if I closed the window it would entirely close Obsidan since it doesn’t “appear” to be a window within Obsidan.

(In other words, when Obsidan opens a vault on my Mac it takes over the entire screen).

Thanks for the help!

Ray

1 Like

Ah right, I’m a Windows user, so it’s more obvious. This looks like a relevant feature request https://forum.obsidian.md/t/add-app-menus-to-the-macos-menu-bar/965

Agreed! From a usability standpoint it can be confusing. It was a little embarrassing to ask how to close a window ; )

Ray

3 Likes

I imported the workflows vault and didn’t find it useful so I tried to delete.
The little ‘x’ in the open vault window wasnt obvious, so i started deleting the files in the vault,Para etc

now i cant delete the empty workflows vault by closing that window at all , or with the ‘x’

just deleted the folder that was easy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.