Great tool! Giving it a try to see if it will work for my workflows. One hiccup so far is with coping and pasting images from Safari to Obsidian.
This is a more specific set of edge cases of the bug described in: Image copy paste from browser adds link instead of attaching the image
Using each of the common MaccOS web browsers (Safari, FireFox and Edge):
- Open a web page containing an image (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/PNG-Gradient.png used as a test image)
- Right-click on the image and select “Copy Image”
- Go to Obisidan (Tested with v0.13.23, non-legacy editor, with live preview turned off)
- Paste either using CMD-V or CMD-SHIFT-V
CMD-V: Image is taken from the clipboard “public.tiff” data, creating a new image in the vault, with an obsidian-assinged URL.
CMD-SHIFT-V: Image URL is taken from the clipboard “public.html” data, creating a new link to the image.
All three browsers’ clipboard data is handled differently. Obsidian’s handling of Firefox’s data is the close to the expected result, with the exception that CMD-V and CMD-SHIFT-V behaviours are reversed.
See below images:
- Operating system: MacOS 10.15.7
- Obsidian version: v0.13.23
Obsidian version: v0.13.23
Installer version: v0.13.23
Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 19.6.0: Tue Aug 24 20:28:00 PDT 2021; root:xnu-6153.141.40~1/RELEASE_X86_64 19.6.0
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: off
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Safe mode: on
- Image copy paste from browser adds link instead of attaching the image
- Image copy paste from browser adds link instead of attaching the image - is it still a bug?
- URL link when pasting copied image from website
- Paste defaults to type: text, Paste Unformatted defaults to type: file. This is backwards from what users expect and intend
Contents of the MacOS Clipboard viewed using: GitHub - sindresorhus/Pasteboard-Viewer: 📋 Inspect the system pasteboards on macOS